Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

321 - 340 of 376 Posts

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
Can get tougher to id the engine if it doesn't have the top end or plenum plate. 6.7 has the larger factory air horn inlet. Rail is completely different. Obviously valve cover and exhaust manifold differences. Factory dampener on 6.7 is larger.
Thermostat housing is different where the coolant temp sensor threads in.

Yes headstuds are the equal.
Stock 6.7 rods are no bueno. Max around 800hp I'd say if you aren't tuning the torque out.
Stock 6.7 dampener is nice.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Yeah the engines might not have a head on so might be a little tough.. I’m planning to have something like 650 hp. Really want it fast spooling, hoping the extra volume spools the turbos I have better than the 5.9. You think the t4 .83 housing will be too tight?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Yeah the engines might not have a head on so might be a little tough.. I’m planning to have something like 650 hp. Really want it fast spooling, hoping the extra volume spools the turbos I have better than the 5.9. You think the t4 .83 housing will be too tight?
Gate the hell out of it!! Lol

.83 will work. I have heard of .91s work well in 6.7s because of the sheer volume of displacement. Even 5.9s run a .91 with good results..

Since you can run efilive, should be no problem to have fast spool and no smoke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Gate the hell out of it!! Lol

.83 will work. I have heard of .91s work well in 6.7s because of the sheer volume of displacement. Even 5.9s run a .91 with good results..

Since you can run efilive, should be no problem to have fast spool and no smoke.

No efi for me. It’s only an 03 but I have hp tunes.. no smoke and fast spooling is definitely the goal now.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
No efi for me. It’s only an 03 but I have hp tunes.. no smoke and fast spooling is definitely the goal now.
Totally doable either way. Just won't have switchable tunes. You can get away with a .91 T4 and good tuning. Should be able to tow and do everything normally.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Totally doable either way. Just won't have switchable tunes. You can get away with a .91 T4 and good tuning. Should be able to tow and do everything normally.

Yeah I’m thinking my tuner might also say go with the .91. On my 5.9 I wasn’t happy with the larger housing.

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
The 6.7 block will have steam holes... Right here where the tips of my fingers are👍

Attachments

Reactions: BZ2500

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
Yup with the head of its super easy. The steam ports give it away.

Reactions: BZ2500

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
That’s exactly what I’m gonna look for..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
So just to update this thread. I’m back with a nice complete low mile 6.7.. It’s so clean that I was planning on just dropping it in if the injectors fit. However, I just found out that my valve body is fine. I was hoping that was the smoking gun in this mess.

Not wanting to risk the 6.7 the new plan is to Repair the 5.9, change the trans hoses to -10 and drop it all in and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Did you get the converter checked out ?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
No, never managed to send it out.. I measured it and confirmed it was not ballooned.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Since when do all the pics work again? Photobucket change their policy?

Nothing much to update on the truck other than I’m not working on it until I finish building my new shop. I now have 3 buildable engines maybe a 4th short block on the way.. probably put 2 of the 5.9’s in a boat.

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
Dang BZ ! Gonna build 4 ?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Dang BZ ! Gonna build 4 ?
Yeah might as well have spares..lol. It’s just funny how things work down here. Put the word out I was looking for a crank and they bring me complete engines.

Might keep this truck as a toy after all this. Even though I’m missing the power of my cummins. It always did bad on fuel. With diesel over 5 bucks here I bought a Diesel ranger that you guys don’t have there.. In-line 5 cylinder and over 30mpg driving like I stole it.. it’s my mini cummins.

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
Ranger... Like, Polaris ?... Or, dare I say, Ford? Lol 😂

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
It’s a Ford.. surprisingly well put together. It will be in the US market soon but don’t think your getting the diesel. We had them from 2011.

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
Wish we could get them here. Perfect little truck.

Reactions: fatgraderman

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Wish we could get them here. Perfect little truck.
I saw a full 4 door ranger when I was in san Diego some time ago. It was from across the border obviously, but I thought that was really cool. Literally every other country in the world gets cool cars and we get the fj cruiser, wtf?

Thank the powers that be for that I guess.

I'd like to take an old ranger and 4BT it. That would be dope.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Yeah a 4bt ranger would be awesome. Actually the really old rangers do come with a Mazda Diesel engine. Some were in the states,very hard to find..

These new rangers really are the perfect little truck. They are very comfortable, great ride, and for me no need for a big diesel unless you are hauling loads.. Broaner I think you have seen how narrow our streets are. Imagine taking the dodge through them.

Check out the size difference compared to the dodge..

Attachments

321 - 340 of 376 Posts