Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this is a strange one that I can't figure out. When I start into a left hand turn from a stop the truck surges and it feels like the engine is stalling for a second but then it catches and runs ok. Usually does it once or twice but usually only in a left turn. Sometimes it happens in a right hand turn and never in a straight line....and its getting worse. A friend of mine said he remembered reading something about this a couple years ago but couldn't remember where....something about a spring somewhere.
Also, the truck seems to act like its "missing" when accelerating. Not really noticable when barely starting out but if you get into the throttle a little it is definitely noticable and it doesn't seem to have the power that it had before.
I replaced the high pressure fuel pump a few years ago when it crapped out and that thing is EXPENSIVE so I can't afford to start throwing parts at it.
Help!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
No mod's or chips. Only the new high pressure fuel pump a few years ago. Truck has 150,000 miles on it, all of it driven by me except the first 24,000. Also, I see some people using terms I am not familiar with in the forum...VP44? FASS pump?

· Registered
10 Posts
A VP44 is your fuel injector pump, looking at your engine from the front, on the right side near the radiator. FASS pump is an aftermarket lift pump, another one you might hear is Airdog 150. I am getting ready to replace the VP44, a Airdog 150 and Edge with an Attitude. Future upgrade planned 4" Exhaust and Air Intake upgrades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.