Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007.5 6.7 cummins fully deleted BD gt tuner
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007.5 dodge ram 6.7 that i recently replaced injection pump as their was metal in the fuel filter as the truck was spluttering and poping and idleing rough also hesitating when steeping on throttle which the new pump fixed kinda the engine still somtimes on and off will shake bad idleing and be fine other times i try clear the codes but they dont go away so they must be active these codes showed up at the same time. i was hoping after replacing the injection pump it would and it is better but is on and off acting weird anybody now what may be wrong thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm assuming you did not replace the injectors? If metal made it into the pump, more than likely it made it into the injectors and possibly damage one or more. I would look towards the injectors and maybe do an injector kill test to figure out if it is in fact the injectors.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm assuming you did not replace the injectors? If metal made it into the pump, more than likely it made it into the injectors and possibly damage one or more. I would look towards the injectors and maybe do an injector kill test to figure out if it is in fact the injectors.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
yeah i did have my matco rep come over with a code reader to do a kill test but he couldnt get connected to truck i kinda figured but just dont want to think about dumping more money into this truck lol thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
just figured out what was wrong with the truck the bully dog tuner for what ever reason caused all these codes and running problem i had a suspision that this may have been the case so i reset truck back to stock and she runs fine been a couple days now hopefully it stays this way i have high hopes

·
Trying to learn
7,803 Posts
Welcome to CF
Be thankful that bully dog didn't brick the ECM as they have done to many 3rd Gen trucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts