Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
And I'm not a conspiracy theorist type either I just know people dont tell the full story when they want to push their agenda. And it's people that run the EPA. People have their flaws. As soon as someone explains to me how burning more fuel justifies the dpf I go quietly back to my corner. Every diesel on the road burns considerably more fuel. More is processed more is burnt. Along with all the other moving pieces involved. Now figure that airplanes and tankers are the majority by a long ways in the air pollution race but nothing is done to reduce their footprint.
You do realize the Trump picked the current head of the epa right? if you dont trust data from the EPA im not sure what kind of data or who you trust your data from. Without a doubt, the internal combustion engine can't be replaced in the foreseeable future. generators, ships, trains planes obviously can't operate on electric power. But imo it's falrly easy to see that EV for personal transport ion will replace the IC and even though it's not 100% green, i dont know if you can logically argue that the EV is not cleaner than the IC.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
You do realize the Trump picked the current head of the epa right? if you dont trust data from the EPA im not sure what kind of data or who you trust your data from.
Much like we elected a President who has to work with institutions that won't aim for the same goal.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
If you look at just the 2 cars yes EV is much more green. I don't care who picked who to head of anything. Makes no difference. Can you link the data the EPA gave and how they determined their findings?

To add. What difference does it even make who is the head of the EPA? Shouldn't the finding be the same no matter who is in charge? Facts are facts.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Shouldn't the finding be the same no matter who is in charge? Facts are facts.
Jeez, here we go again.
How many times do I need to tell you that logic has no place in discussions like this.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Sorry I have a very short memory. I'll go sit in the corner for a while.
No just stay there, the end is here anyway they say and they got you right where they want all of us. Sheep are herded with fear. Just pretend your a sheep, then you will have them fooled.
You will know when it’s time to walk. Smart fellers don’t need to run.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I thought the world ended 19 years ago? Or maybe when the Mayan calendar stopped? Or global warming in the 2000s? Wasn't an asteroid supposed to take us out? I cant keep track not enough news coverage in my corner.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
I thought the world ended 19 years ago? Or maybe when the Mayan calendar stopped? Or global warming in the 2000s? Wasn't an asteroid supposed to take us out? I cant keep track not enough news coverage in my corner.
It did. Each time.
We're living in a parallel universe now, I just can't remember how many parallels away we are by now.

·
Registered
508 Posts
A convoy of black Chevy Tahoe's just left an undisclosed location.

Half are heading for Jimmy's.

And half are heading for MIB in his keyboard command center....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Your on to something again.

A drone is now taking off, and will target liquor stores locally that overstock Bud light, then target the offenders house with an EMP.

Win, and win.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Electric is not perfect but it’s definitely the next power source for cars in the foreseeable future. Accounting for battery pollution and energy production, the epa has charts out there to show that electric cars like Tesla get an equivalent 90-100 mpg.
If you want real-life numbers, my daily commute is 21 miles round-trip. If I drive my truck, it slurps about $3.10 in diesel. If I take the race car, it'll gulp $3.75 of super unleaded. The Bavarian Golf Cart EV that I bought in May costs me $0.52/day in electrons (@ $0.15/kWh).

My DW's 94 mile round-trip commute was costing her $20.00/day in gas driving her V6 Dakota 6-speed. Her new Kia Niro EV that she bought in June is costing us $3.70/day in electricity. Our combined EV electric usage every month is the equivalent of 4 days of our former gas/diesel spending. I could give a crap less about going green to save the planet...but saving a lot of green in my pocket every month is a different story!

pretty cool when your electricity is produced by a coal burning power plant.
so therefore, you have a coal burning tesla :)
Actually, an EV is the mother-of-all flex-fuel vehicles. It can run on gasoline, diesel, coal, nuclear, solar, hydro, natural gas, garbage, and even cow flatulence. :wink2: Seriously though, check out the percentage graphs for the current sources of electricity in most areas today. At least here in NY State, coal use in making electricity is negligible and more than half of our power comes from hydro and nuclear.

Don't get me wrong, there's still two ICE vehicles in my driveway for hauling things and road trips. I will most certainly be driving my truck on snowy/icy days, and it is my go-to choice in case of an emergency evacuation of our area.....

61 - 80 of 102 Posts