Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta give a big thanks to coalburner400, He sent me these instructions for the dealer to enable fog lights while high beams are on. I can confirm that this works on 07-08 models.....Don't know about other year models....NO NEED FOR BRITE BOX....

enable fogs while brights are on:
starscan main menu > ECU view > FCM/CGW > misc. functions > enable front fog lamp output > start > next > disable > next > cancel > start > next > enable > next > export > next > finish

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
these trucks look so much better with all the lights on!!! i allways run my fog lights.. even in the day, but hey that's just me.
Glad for ya Mike!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My dealer wouldn't enable it stating that the lights are required to go off in order to pass PA inspections.

I noticed that I have the option in the PMT to enable it though. Haven't installed the tune yet though.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
My dealer said that it was against the law in Texas.

So had hid's installed.:butt:
It cost but I think I'm going to like it. Have not got to drive at night yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey GA Mike - No thanks necessary :) I gots me them instructions from the "inner nit".

Glad it worked out for you too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the normal world the fog come off on the pass lamps and go on if you put the brights.My fog lamps on my truck run at the opposite :go on with the pass and go off with the bright.I ask the question at my dealer he cannot tell me why.But i ask for enable the fog lamps all the time like the procedure. he make that right on the spot for $ 0 dollard.:thumbsup I have a truck for near 7 months and i love it and a very good dealer. P.S. After the mod as done i noticed i can put the fog on with just parking lights on ... great mod. i love it...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
my dealer claims its illegal in CA and they refuse to enable it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fogs are not supposed to be used with the brights. They are fog lights, and you need to get under the fog (if there is any) which is why the pattern is low and wide. Now, because our lights suck, the help we get from fogs on at any time is useful.

But there is nothing "wrong" with a truck that has the fogs turn off on high-beam, that's the way they are supposed to work. Many vehicles have fogs that won't turn on unless the lows are on, which defeats the actual purpose of them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
just came from dealer and i was going to have them enable fog on high beam but he said that doing so messes with emissions? and that technically by law he cannot enable them.... not saying he wouldnt tho... so i just opted not to...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't understand what the deal is...when you meet a vehicle your suppose to dim your lights to low beam, so what does it matter if you have high beam on and driving lights when there is nothing coming towards you?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
in louisiana its illegal to have you fog lights on if there is no fog outside. i have gotten pulled over twice for it and got an illegal window tint ticket one time the tint meter read .04% it was suppose to be 40.0% :lol3:
i have mine set to export now so that the fogs stay on all the time

·
Registered
39 Posts
enable fogs while brights are on:
starscan main menu > ECU view > FCM/CGW > misc. functions > enable front fog lamp output > start > next > disable > next > cancel > start > next > enable > next > export > next > finish

do you have to change the country code to get the FCM/CGW pick?

If not what version of software are you using?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problems with mine

When I bought my truck last July in Indiana it did not have fog lights on it from the factory, so I had the dealer install them before I took it home. From day one I have been able to use both the fog lights and bright headlights at the same time without any problems.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was at my dealership today, and the service guy said he had never heard of this. I told him I had the instructions on how to do it, but he said even with them they wouldn't because of liability reasons. Looks like I'll have to order one of those kits.

·
Registered
540 Posts
just came from dealer and i was going to have them enable fog on high beam but he said that doing so messes with emissions? and that technically by law he cannot enable them.... not saying he wouldnt tho... so i just opted not to...
Thats some grade A bull. Find a friendly mechanic at that dealer and have him do it on the side for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dealer said that it was against the law in Texas.

So had hid's installed.:butt:
It cost but I think I'm going to like it. Have not got to drive at night yet.
The State Law in Texas says that there can be no more than 4 lights on at a time. When you switch to your bright lights, it is still only 2 lights that are on.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
'Preciate that info tonka. I have had several opportunities now to drive at night with the hids I love'em.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Having the brights on with the fogs defeats the purpose of being able to see in fog...

During fog you shut off regular head lights and use fog lights, any other light being used will just be bounced off of the fog and into your eyes shortening your ability to see...

Besides people coming at you with the fogs and headlights on, and or driving lights with the headlights on is damned annoying

·
Registered
707 Posts
Having the brights on with the fogs defeats the purpose of being able to see in fog...

During fog you shut off regular head lights and use fog lights, any other light being used will just be bounced off of the fog and into your eyes shortening your ability to see...

Besides people coming at you with the fogs and headlights on, and or driving lights with the headlights on is damned annoying
I've never had a vehicle where you can turn the fog lights on without the regular headlights being on as well

1 - 20 of 28 Posts