Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone that has removed their DPF has had a smog check afterwards?

Here's where I'm going with this... The new 6.7L CTD is advertised as being able to pass 2010 emissions testing. Well, the only requirement right now is to pass the new 2007 standards. If that's the case, can we remove the DPF and still pass the 2007 standards?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
If that's the case, can we remove the DPF and still pass the 2007 standards?

Not sure how they're doing it for diesels but on gassers in most states the emissions testing also includes a visual inspection of all emissions related equipment - the local gasser smog guy has pictures on a computer of pretty much every vehicle and where the stuff is supposed to be and what it is supposed to look like - he damn near failed me for moving the evap canister on one of my trucks. (gasser)

I know in California you can fail the visual and pass on the rollers / sniffer and they still consider it a fail, some places won't even bother sniffing it if it fails a visual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The DPF is required to meet the 2007 standards - the 'NOx adsorber catalyst' and EGR is what meets the 2010 standards.

Removing DPF instantly fails you for both 2007 and 2010.

As stated 'visual' check would spot the missing DPF but varies state by state. In Kalif they will probably sentence you to life for that. :w:

·
Registered
331 Posts
How do the 2007 5.9's get by then??????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dieselgoose in regards to your question. The standard that is in place for when the 5.9's were developed is what they are measured by. They can't apply the standard for 2010 on 5.9's because they did not come from the factory designed for that standard. In essence the 5.9's are "grandfathered" in for the upcoming 2010 standard. Hope this answered your question.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told by my dealer that all of the emmisions crap pretty much pertains to the 08's, that you can get by with the delete's on the 07's 6.7's because it wasn't mandatory, it is all a bunch of crap to me, get an edge w/attitude to clear codes, GUT it all and just leave the empty shells behind for the visuals!!!!!!!!:w:

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER PRESIDENT
881 Posts
it pertains too diesels produced after 1/1/07 all 5.9 were before that date model years start in July thats the reason people say they have 07.5 they where made in the last half of the model year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts