Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
right now, I don't know of any states that are emissions testing diesel trucks. But that will change soon...

·
Regen? What's That??
1,058 Posts
I know here in AZ they are doing SOME emissiion testing on trucks...

ADEQ: Vehicle Emissions: Diesel Vehicles

However, 1991 to present are all tested the same way... no more than 40% opacity, and I know the newer diesels are way cleaner running than the stuff in 90's.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I know here in AZ they are doing SOME emissiion testing on trucks...

ADEQ: Vehicle Emissions: Diesel Vehicles

However, 1991 to present are all tested the same way... no more than 40% opacity, and I know the newer diesels are way cleaner running than the stuff in 90's.
Pretty much the same here in Nevada. 40% opacity after '96.
They also do a visual inspection for equipment. :doh:
Easy to pass the 40% even witha straight pipe. Just needs to look like all the factory equipment is in place. Oh, and no codes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Took my 04 in for emission test in phoenix Az. I was surprised to find out they have you free rev the diesel 3 times wide open. I didn't like the engine revving 3700 rpm, i don't think you should rev a diesel that many rpm's. Even after i took my foot off the peddle it stayed on the floor for 2 seconds or so, what"s up with that? It did pass with 10.8 with 40 the max allowable, he said it was one of the lowest he had seen lately. I think the computer should have held it at a lower rpm. The employee doing the test said this is normal.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
At this time I don't think MD has anything slated for the near future
I am worried as well. My guess is eventually we will adapt to the new to come CA. emissions testing since we seem to follow what they do it just takes a few years to catch on.
i read the other day I think CA laws will be all Diesel trucks under 14000 gvw and maybe 1998 and newer. If they ever do mandate Diesel emissions testing in MD
ME. is one state that is an option to register your MD vehicle in and you do not need to live there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts