Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies 06 was clattering a little so we checked it out and found out he had water in the fuel. He bought some diesel 911 and mixed in the tank per the instructions and changed the filter and added diesel 911 in with the filter. Now the truck will not crank at all. Ive tried everything i can think of and no luck. I even drained the canister where the filter is and filled it up with new diesel and no luck. I primed it over and over and nothing. What yall think?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Some clarification , How do you know it had water in fuel ?
If so , you should have drained tank .
What do you mean by crank ? To most that means the starter turning the engine over , you may mean fire ?
Did you drain any fuel from filter into a clean glass jar to see any contanimation ?
Fuel pressure test ?
Last is , where is the truck , with an emergency , you should put location , some one may be near by .

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i drained some out to be sure it had water. By crank i mean when ya turn the key over it wont run it just turns over. It is setting outside his apartment so i cant exactly drop the tank right there. He bought the diesel 911 to kill the water but besides all that i put new diesel in the canister and it still wont run.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You do not have to drop the tank , disconnect the supply hose from lift pump , jump the hot wire to pump & let the pump , pump it into an other container , you may be able to save the fuel by letting the tank settle .
The truck may have sensors that will not let the truck pump , when it sees water ?
Check for fuel pressure .
If you are not willing to drain tank then take to a place that will , long term damage can result , if its got enough water in fuel to cause this , a bottle of 911 is not going to fix .
Have the codes checked , you may have other problems also .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts