Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You take a chance at rebuilding a very precise part and fail, but installing injectors, which has a thousand how to threads and videos, you won't? I give up.
I had to at least try. I figured I'd be doing the injector replacement anyway at some point.
And don't injectors have to be tuned or adjusted by computer when you install a whole set?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
$5k to do injectors and upgraded fuel system? Holy bend over batman!!!!

A NEW set of performance injectors and upgraded filtration is around $2500, if you are even remotely mechanical it is all bolt on stuff. Your choice but that is a lot to give a shop unless you are a complete invalid.
That is a guesstimated price based on around 4 grand for BBI injectors and tubes. VP add on filtration mounted under air horn.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
cam sensor and crank sensor are the same kind of sensor and think that code can end up for either, Should check them both. If one completely fails or gets unplugged the truck will not run.

Crank is easy to find, the cam sensor is directly below the CP3.
Thanks. I'll check those too. I was thinking of trying to plug the data link back in, thinking maybe it made a difference on the thing communicating with itself.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Check into BBI's rebuilt injectors, top quality workmanship and new Bosch parts that are hand selected. Likely even better than what comes off Bosch's factory assembly line after BBI's German engineerings tolerance setup. Made by retired Bosch engineers that set up their own factory with the best injector equipment in the world. Not some beer hounds that play as diesel grease monkeys and rip kids with Cummins off.

Putting new solenoids on old worn out injectors is like putting a few new parts on a 38 year old pickup beer drinkin' honky tonke queen and expecting her to meet the fit tolerances of an 18 year old virgin.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
CMP sensor code number??
How far is move of truck??

Get rail cap for testing injectors , install on number 2 should be able to move truck on 5 cylinders.
For mostly stock truck, NEW Bosch injectors from authorized dealer not Ebay, or BBI if going for big HP.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Erased the code and didn't write down the number. I'll see if it comes up again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
IF you do any reading/research on this forum, you will se that there is a lot of GOOD advise. ONE of which is NO REMAN injectors except BBI. FOLLOW posts by CERBER with the marine injectors if you don`t go BBI.
Best of luck to you

21 - 28 of 28 Posts