Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1/2" draw tube is moving on me and was thinking about hooking my suction line up to the factory connection on the top of the tank.

Is this possiable? If so does anyone have any advise as to what i may need as far as hardware?

Im wanting to suck from the factory fuel line in the tank but will that have to go through the factory fuel pump?

Any help from you Eliminator guys?

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
I wouldn't try drawing through the stock tube, but you can install a hose theough the top of the cannister and draw fuel right out of the cup on the bottom of the fuel module. Here is post showing a little about how it is done. Draw straw alternative.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by the draw straw moving?
Well when i first got the system put in, You could go down to little over 1/8 of a tank before the pump starts to suck air and loose pressure. Now i have to fill up before i get to 3/8 of a tank or it wont pull anything. So im guessing that when i got it installed that the draw tube wasnt put in correctly.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need some advise on what to do.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the best way to mount the drop tube to the lowest point of the tank? Pics would be great is there is any.

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
What is the best way to mount the drop tube to the lowest point of the tank? Pics would be great is there is any.
I posted a link above that will give you some insight. The pics are half way down.

You can also give Shane a call. He will probably send you some pics and instructions on how convert to drawing fuel from the module cup.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Module cap? Where you talkin bout?

·
4,676 Posts
I thought i heard the lp is able to be drawn through from a different pump if it went bad, i think its called a (flow through ?) or something like that. Or am i wrong on this?

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know. Can anyone comment on this?

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I thought i heard the lp is able to be drawn through from a different pump if it went bad, i think its called a (flow through ?) or something like that. Or am i wrong on this?
I believe you're thinking of the Airdog pump. The CP3 can draw fuel through an Airdog pump. Sandaholic (hi Roy!) tested this.

I don't know abouth drawing through the stock LP though. From what I can recall, the stock LP is not a flow through design.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
You could replace the fuel canister (mounted to the tank) with a Jeep liberty canister. The Liberty canister doesn't have a lift pump in it, so your Eliminator can then pull from the tank.

If you go this far though, you may as well modify the canister with a new drawstraw/ hole and use the original sending port as the new return port. Then plug the original return line. This allow you to upgrade the sending lines to 1/2" and the return lines to 3/8".

By doing this mod, your fuel canister will have plenty of return fuel to keep fuel in the canister when the tank is at or below 1/4 tank.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well now i kinda wondering if i should just have the metal draw tube installed. I went with the flexiable tubing to start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts