Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Eliminate the CAD - 2013 and up

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kthaxton 
#1 ·
Anyone familar with the 9.25 axles with and without the CAD? I've got a new truck on order and a Dynatrac/Spyntech kit will definitely be added - I'm curious since the 2013 and up trucks have the CAD - could you take a solid axle shaft and replace the CAD with a 1 piece shaft on the long side and eliminate the need for it? Anyone done this mod yet?

#2 ·
I just curious, why? You are wanting to spend money for the same effective result of CAD. The only upgrade would be the greasable front hubs.

To answer your question I bet it could be done, but the electronics will not be happy.

#4 ·
There is no disconnect on the axle shaft itself, both sides long\short are once piece. CAD went out a long time ago on Dodge axles. The only disconnect point is the transfer case. When you switch to 4x4 you are just engaging the transfer case

#9 ·
Even with the CAD don't the outer shafts/U Joints still turn going down the road??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.