Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familar with the 9.25 axles with and without the CAD? I've got a new truck on order and a Dynatrac/Spyntech kit will definitely be added - I'm curious since the 2013 and up trucks have the CAD - could you take a solid axle shaft and replace the CAD with a 1 piece shaft on the long side and eliminate the need for it? Anyone done this mod yet?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just curious, why? You are wanting to spend money for the same effective result of CAD. The only upgrade would be the greasable front hubs.

To answer your question I bet it could be done, but the electronics will not be happy.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just curious, why? You are wanting to spend money for the same effective result of CAD. The only upgrade would be the greasable front hubs.

To answer your question I bet it could be done, but the electronics will not be happy.
Once coverting to locking hub the CAD is another point of failure. Why not eliminate it. If the CAD fails you wont have 4wd.

·
Registered
509 Posts
There is no disconnect on the axle shaft itself, both sides long\short are once piece. CAD went out a long time ago on Dodge axles. The only disconnect point is the transfer case. When you switch to 4x4 you are just engaging the transfer case

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no disconnect on the axle shaft itself, both sides long\short are once piece. CAD went out a long time ago on Dodge axles. The only disconnect point is the transfer case. When you switch to 4x4 you are just engaging the transfer case
Pretty sure they brought it back in 2013 - it's just electronic instead of vacuum actuated.

·
Registered
354 Posts
They did bring it back, my '15 has it. ....but I want to say it came back with the 14's, but I'm not 100%.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Cummins Freak
3,277 Posts
Even with the CAD don't the outer shafts/U Joints still turn going down the road??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts