Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ‘09 6.7L 2500 LWB 6spd fully deleted and I am having some throttle issues! My Electronic Throttle Control light is flashing

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
But that is not my major problem! The problem is it seems like my accelerator/throttle is going out. My truck is surging at times and delayed at times but if I’m idling or if I have the cruise set the truck runs perfectly. I’m wondering if this is something I can fix myself or where do y’all suggest I start. I’m not sure if I replace it would the new one have to calibrated using a computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Premium Member
647 Posts
Are you getting codes when scanning?

· Premium Member
647 Posts
I would start with checking all your batter connections, grounds and positives. ETC are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and somehow trigger this issues. The other thing you need to check is the Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor, I had that experience with the a dead pedal before and found that this was the issue, there's a stainless steel tube connected to the manifold to the thermostat housing, if you remove the sensor you should see a little bit of a light going through it, once that clear plug the sensor back and do a test drive. good luck!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone ever had to replace the throttle position sensor? I’m wondering if that could be my problem. If it is I can change myself and the dealership doesn’t have to recalibrate. If it’s the accelerator pedal then the dealership will have to recalibrate it! And that means way more $$$ than this ol’ laid off oilfield hand needs to pay right now! But I need my truck to make ends meet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.