Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Electrical ? some BS thing related ?

780 Views 10 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Supershafts
Ok driving to the store the red bolt thing pops up on the dash...but all is well...

Hit the store, red bolt in parenthesis is still there..figure ok hit the PMT, PMT says some po108 hi manifold psi switch isn't working and some p1c60 unknown code...

So i figure ok let me shut it off and let the PMT clear it and go on my way......Big,Huge stupid blundering mistake....shut it, clear codes.....bingo nothing but cranking with a split second weird what feels like a kick spinning the motor the wrong way....

Get the truck bedded home and my scanner is saying po513 which is something about a skim key or sentry some bs or another... is that the pos key... and has anyone had BOTH go bad at once...

While i was cranking it before calling the tow truck,i had my jeep do this and 1 key went bad...

What a sob'in day....

Is it the keys for sure or..am in for a trip to the jerk off squad
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So i just read there is iud / iod thingy that may be the culprit... any idea what number that fuse position is?

Sob if that is the problem....i already anticipated having to see the jerk offs and pulled everything i put on her...sob what a wasted ******* weekend if it's a fuse for some stupid bs security issue..

· Registered
67 Posts
I'm a electronics nut and did a really stupid thing with my 06. Thought I could make a spare key...LOL. Anyway the truck went to the dealer. They couldn't figure out what was wrong and I wasn't going to tell them I was tinkering. To fix the problem, they took the battery posts off for 10 minutes and bingo..the key worked again..
they called it the Halo Key security. What ever that is.
May or may not help you. :confused013:best of luck.

· Registered
241 Posts
sounds like the SKREEM module (sentry key something something module) lost it. Hopefully you can just pull the battery and itll reset itself. As for the high-psi switch, thats something tahtll probably need to be looked at...

· Banned
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had the battery disc'ed for 5 minutes.... So .. will it being disc'ed for a full 10 make a difference?

SOB, could the radio guy's playing with the truck 2 days earlier have had anything to do with that....

· Registered
241 Posts
Nah, your P0513 is saying it doesnt recognize the key. Probably managed to clear out the memory of the sentry key module. Sounds like a trip to teh local dealer is in order...

· Banned
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah she has been there now for 30 hours... I shouldn't have said anything but i said since she is there might as well do the track bar recall thing and change the sensor throwing po108....

I am now thinking i should have shut my m*%^&*(%*$*ng mouth

· Banned
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok now im scared.....

Dealer say's....ready...

The crank position sensor screwed up and tripped the security bs system to f--k up and cause the no start only crank issue... this truly scares the s--t out of me since i don't believe it and think there ruining my truck..or making issues where i had none

They ordered it and it should be done tomorrow and there changing the p108 sensor...no one mentioned or brought up flashing anything...
Just that there was a recall for the 08 under the dash about some wire or some bs thing with the radio amp or some s--t...

· Banned
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so she is back....

They didn't flash the comp with a newer version since they said "why open a can of worms since i haven't had a problem" so my PMT will still work

CPS and MAP and some screen thing and she is good...

Only thing i did see as odd was the white smoke leaving the exhaust as i left the dealer...floored... just making sure no power was lost... then the white smoke stopped just as she got thru 5th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.