Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1996 3500 about a year ago. It’s always ran great and I don’t drive it often so I never really dug into it with a fine tooth comb. My FSS wasn’t engaging so I was testing the FSS and the relay and ended up replacing the relay. I got to poking around and I found a few connectors that well, aren’t connected to anything. I can’t seem to figure out where or what they connect to from the service manual. I should preface this by saying that this truck has been EGR deleted. Maybe you can help me identify what plugs they are, what they should be connected to, and if it even really matters...

Plug #1

Referring to the white connector, I’m guessing it was for EGR? It has a jumper plug in it, and the EGR intake horn has since been replaced with a non EGR horn. Nonetheless what did that connector used to go to?

Plug #2

Referring to the black connector right next to the intake air temp sensor in the middle if the picture, (located to the rear of the intake horn) it comes out of the loom about the same place that the intake air temp sensor comes out of, another deleted egr connection? Or something else?

Plug #3

Referring to the black plug resting near the power steering fluid res. It originates from on or directly near the fuel heater, I found it dangling well below and covered in oil probably from the crank case tube spitting oil. What is it supposed to be connected to? Furthermore, does it appear that the previous owner modified or deleted the fuel heater at all from this picture?

I know there is plenty of CTD 12v gurus here that can tell me what these 3 are, where they’re supposed to go, and if it even matters that they’re not going there. Thanks much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the first same disconnected plug on my non-egr truck. As for the other two connections I’m not sure. I have 2 other plugs coming out near my air intake temp sensor like you do but each one only has two wires. One plug goes to the WIF sensor on the filter and the other runs back towards the firewall. To me it does not appear that your fuel heater has been deleted. Best I can tell from your picture is that the fuel heater is still sandwiched in between the prefilter bowl and the line connections and I’d say that plug resting near your power steering reservoir is the plug for the fuel heater. 1st pic is plug in front of intake. 2nd pic is my fuel heater delete. 3rd pic is the two plugs coming out of the loom with the air intake temp sensor wiring
50B57359-CFA7-4775-8C05-7EA1ECAF2463.jpeg
13E61053-FCEA-4BC5-8D86-7ADB00217C28.jpeg
96C2970B-512D-46FC-A386-67C370C90A12.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for taking the time to respond and take pictures. Much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts