Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'07 2500 5.9L 4x4 trans, tuned, in&outs, etc...'02 2500 Single/long in tank fuel pump, lines, gauge
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 5.9 I purchase a our a year ago with 130k miles on it and over the last year I have come to learn a lot about it. I have learned the heater core was bypasses when it cold down to 10°F which sucked and that the washer fluid bottle was missing? I have this photo of two plugs that one I'm assuming is the fluid level sensor and the other thing I have no idea. What is the purpose of removing the reservoir? This truck does have a ranch hand bumper with a winch so maybe they removed it to run the lines and never reinstalled or is there something else I'm missing? Also the insulation under the hood is starting to fall off and sag, I'm worried it will fall too far and get sucked Into the fan. Living in a mostly warm climate can I just completely remove it? Any negatives to that other than truck being louder and engine bay not staying as warm.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That cylindrical thing looks like the washer fluid pump to me. Is that a hose connected to it on the lower left side in the first picture? Here's a pic of one from Rock Auto.
More Information for ANCO 6733 (rockauto.com)

Not sure why they'd pull out the washer res unless with it being a farm truck they decided it wasn't necessary to put back in after removing it for something else.

Plenty of folks remove the underhood mat. It won't adversely impact the truck to not have one. I doubt the fan will suck it in tho because it is shrouded very well and pulls through the shroud, blowing into the engine bay.

EDIT: Confirmed by Googling the P/N, that's the washer fluid pump.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The round plug with the prongs is the low washer fluid sensor I had to replace mine a couple years ago

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 2500 5.9L 4x4 trans, tuned, in&outs, etc...'02 2500 Single/long in tank fuel pump, lines, gauge
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so the little pronged piece is the sensor but the big white and black thing is the fluid pump?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ok so the little pronged piece is the sensor but the big white and black thing is the fluid pump?
Yup. There should be a grommet on the big nipple that is pointing down and to the right in your first pic. That's how it seats in the res. The level sensor should have a grommet on it also to seat it in the res.

A complete assembly by Dorman that includes new pump, sensor, res, cap and hose is $47 on Rock Auto.

Do you have an aftermarket intercooler or intake system? I can't be certain from the pics but the reservoir may have interfered with the intercooler piping if it is not factory.

Reactions: tryNto
1 - 5 of 5 Posts