Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electrical issues, need input

OK so I have to explain what's happening...can't find any other threads with the same issues, I have a 2011 slt I was driving yesterday and lost my gauges and radio and the wipers cycled once, the center digital screen stayed lit up and even popped up with "low fuel" when the fuel gauge fell off as well as the brake light and a couple more on the dash....engine runs fine and my monitor (edge insight) stays on, my radar detector doesn't shut off so the cigarette lighter keeps power as well it has done it a few more times now and has no rhythm or noticeable trigger just sporadically when it wants to....anybody ever seen this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Twist...today on the way to work it did it again 3 times however the climate controls never shut off, had the heat on the whole time
The 1st time just lost the gauges and radio, 2nd time just the radio and the 3rd lost gauges and radio

·
Cummins Freak
3,318 Posts
How Old are your Batteries????

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I also think batteries.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 months old or so...just recently replaced the alternator as well, never a had an issue starting since I bought them

·
Registered
10 Posts
control module for my aftermarket double din radio, had a loose connection and over certain bumps it would do exactly what you are describing, swapped for a different one that allowed for my steering wheel controls to work and have and no issues since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts