Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 2500 CCSB
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 2500 tradesman, I’ll detail modifications at the end of the post.

For as long as I can remember, my EVIC has randomly been glowing when I walk up to the truck. I am on my second set of batteries but I’m at 103k, it’s never been enough to kill my battery so I haven’t been worried about it.

somewhere around 100k, my EVIC started flickering, like a bulb might be going out. Only with the lights off, and never for more than a few minutes. Not a huge problem, but it was annoying.

I recently replaced the EVIC with a used unit and it no longer flickers. Makes me believe that the extra time the EVIC was on, killed the LED board prematurely.

I have researched for weeks on this and can’t figure out why the EVIC is lit randomly when off. I’ve noticed this in the garage with my keys in the truck, in parking lots with the truck locked, basically randomly no matter the circumstance.
I’m hoping someone can find something I haven’t been able to find.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Tradesman crewcab shortbed 68rfe

Stuff I’ve done
2018 8.4 w carplay
Single zone auto climate control
Power folding tow mirrors
clearance lights on mirrors on with lights
Garage door upper controls
LED rear factory taillights
Alpharex headlights with factory front end harness
LED brights
HID lows
AEV front bumper
Vision x light cannons for foglights
Vision x light bar
Noco battery tender
Factory block heater
Front camera using cargo camera

think that’s it. No problems ever with the truck, never a CEL. I’ve had some random soft codes but never thru a cell.

my Alfa sheet is below. Trying to figure this out before

Thanks for the help,
Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 2500 CCSB
1,653 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 2500 CCSB
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B1751 and U112E are the soft codes. I think the U112E is from the cargo camera not having the LIN wire.

·
Premium Member
2016 2500 CCSB
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can someone do me a favor?

truck parked and off, key in off position, all doors shut. Open drivers door and tell me how long the puddle light stays on? Also how long the EVIC stays on?

cycle ignition on then off

Then the rear door.

my truck for the front door
Puddle 3 seconds
EVIC screen 10 seconds
EVIC Gauge lights 15 seconds

Rear door
Puddle 30 seconds
EVIC screen 10 seconds
Then when the puddle lights go off, the EVIC lights up for another 10 seconds.

·
Premium Member
2016 2500 CCSB
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Jimmy07 would be the knowledge base
Thanks

On another note, I tried resetting my RF hub with no luck. Alfa failed to give me the PIN and also reset/replace hub, said the PIN is invalid. I got the PIN from the dealer. RF hub is the factory unit.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I've heard quite a few people having issues with resetting the hub lately. Not sure if there was a bad update or what's going on. You can also get the PIN through Alfa now

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Can someone do me a favor?

truck parked and off, key in off position, all doors shut. Open drivers door and tell me how long the puddle light stays on? Also how long the EVIC stays on?

cycle ignition on then off

Then the rear door.

my truck for the front door
Puddle 3 seconds
EVIC screen 10 seconds

Rear door
Puddle 30 seconds
EVIC screen 10 seconds
Then when the puddle lights go off, the EVIC lights up for another 10 seconds.
If you don’t have a reply by early next week I can try it myself.

·
Registered
2017 3500 CCLB Cummins 6.7 Aisin 4X4 Tradesman
27 Posts
I attempted to follow your instructions and my results are as follows. First off, I have a 2017 CCLB Tradesman 4WD 3500. Also when I first approach my truck and unlock it with the FOB I get headlights, puddle lights, gauge lights and EVIC. Without opening door, puddle lights go out about 27 seconds, headlights about 29 seconds, EVIC at maybe 34 seconds and gauge lights at 36 seconds. I don’t think you were looking for that information but wanted to start there just in case.

Now truck is sitting with lights off and doors unlocked. Open driver’s door, sit down and close door. Puddle, EVIC and gauges lit. EVIC off at about 10 seconds and gauge needles drop from zero to below zero. Gauge lights off a couple seconds later - around 12 seconds. Puddle remains illuminated for 30 seconds. Just before puddle turns off EVIC and gauges light up and turn off as described above for approximately 10s on EVIC and 12s on gauge lights. If I open door, exit vehicle and close door this same process repeats.

I believe opening rear door caused the same events and timeframe.

If I cycle the key to RUN and back OFF and exit the truck I only get 3 seconds of puddle lights but still 10/12 on EVIC/Gauge.

Let me know if you want additional information or if I totally missed the point. Bottom line front or rear door gets me 30 seconds of puddle light unless key is cycled and then only 3 seconds upon exiting as if truck logic thinks you just completed drive and are exiting and walking away so no need for puddle light?

·
Premium Member
2016 2500 CCSB
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I attempted to follow your instructions and my results are as follows. First off, I have a 2017 CCLB Tradesman 4WD 3500. Also when I first approach my truck and unlock it with the FOB I get headlights, puddle lights, gauge lights and EVIC. Without opening door, puddle lights go out about 27 seconds, headlights about 29 seconds, EVIC at maybe 34 seconds and gauge lights at 36 seconds. I don’t think you were looking for that information but wanted to start there just in case.

Now truck is sitting with lights off and doors unlocked. Open driver’s door, sit down and close door. Puddle, EVIC and gauges lit. EVIC off at about 10 seconds and gauge needles drop from zero to below zero. Gauge lights off a couple seconds later - around 12 seconds. Puddle remains illuminated for 30 seconds. Just before puddle turns off EVIC and gauges light up and turn off as described above for approximately 10s on EVIC and 12s on gauge lights. If I open door, exit vehicle and close door this same process repeats.

I believe opening rear door caused the same events and timeframe.

If I cycle the key to RUN and back OFF and exit the truck I only get 3 seconds of puddle lights but still 10/12 on EVIC/Gauge.

Let me know if you want additional information or if I totally missed the point. Bottom line front or rear door gets me 30 seconds of puddle light unless key is cycled and then only 3 seconds upon exiting as if truck logic thinks you just completed drive and are exiting and walking away so no need for puddle light?
Thanks Bootstrapped! Exactly what I was looking for. The more I play with it, I think mine functions the same way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts