Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 trucks with the same problem. I turn my lights on and i have to dash lights or running lights. I find it werid that both these trucks have the same problem and was woundering if anybody else has had the same problem and could tell me were to look.
Thanks Jake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
these trucks have issues with the headlight switch. i believe they were even recalled. check ur switch for melted wires. when mine went i lost my headlights on the interstate at 11pm. its no fun drivin 40 miles home with just the 4 ways....

Reactions: JakeDiesel

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
go to a dodge dealership or visit dodge.com see if you truck has an outstanding recall.
you can go at anytime and get it fixed for free. i know mine did.
there is no time limit on saftey recalls

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i looked into a little further. the 95 still has tail lights. I was driving the 94 last night when it did and noticed i didnt have running lights to assumed the same for the 95. The 94 had a blown fuse and melted wires at the head light switch. I havent had chance to take an indept look at the 95 other than i know it doesnt have a blown fuse. Still think it could be the head light switch.
Thanks Jake

·
Registered
187 Posts
I believe Oriellys carries a replacement plug and harness for our trucks.
These switches are famous to failure. Not hard to replace. My 98 w/240k failed
I found that the plug had already been replaced before. I had a part truck that I got the parts from.
What rear end ratio is in your 1500. Was it a gasser to start with? I have a 01 gasser quad, short bed that I want to do this summer. Thanks Tom

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe Oriellys carries a replacement plug and harness for our trucks.
These switches are famous to failure. Not hard to replace. My 98 w/240k failed
I found that the plug had already been replaced before. I had a part truck that I got the parts from.
What rear end ratio is in your 1500. Was it a gasser to start with? I have a 01 gasser quad, short bed that I want to do this summer. Thanks Tom
Thanks
3.54 and orginal a v8 318

·
Registered
187 Posts
I did the research and found that they used the same frames on the 1500 as the 3500
the suspensions are heavier. I was wondering how the 4BT pulls with a heavy load.
Also what did you do about the electronics connectors. Or did you install a different set of guages?

I know this is off topic, so please excuse.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the research and found that they used the same frames on the 1500 as the 3500
the suspensions are heavier. I was wondering how the 4BT pulls with a heavy load.
Also what did you do about the electronics connectors. Or did you install a different set of guages?

I know this is off topic, so please excuse.

Tom
Doesnt both me any. I think if i had a stronger trans or went with a manual it would pull alot better. I does really run out of power, hold its rpms even when going up hill, granted i havent pull any thing real heavy. The biggest thing was a 20ft trailer with some long metal tubing on it.

I was able to adapte all the sensors from the v8 to i4 It was pretty easy to get the sensor to work The tough stuff was the getting the ac to work proper because on a gasser when u turn the ac on it raises the engines rpms and that was fun to figure out. But i didnt have to worry about a tac because my truck didnt have one. That can be a little tricky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts