Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my glowshift electric fuel pressure gauge in today and i ordered a tapped banjo bolt. Is that what I need to hook up the fuel pressure sender? For some reason I'm not really understanding how to hook up the FP gauge. The other ones were a breeze. So would I just run the tapped banjo bolt in the fitting under the fuel filter and then thread in the sender and hook it up? The gauges are great especially for the price, but the instructions they come with suck.

I was wondering one more thing. I see all these posts about how horrible the VP pump is. How often do they actually go bad when a proper fuel system like a raptor or fass or airdog and a FP gauge show they maintain the 10-20 psi range? Like what kinda mileage have you gotten outta them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
not sure, but i think the banjo goes on the vp

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, I found some info and it shows that unless I tapped the stock bolt, the tapped banjo bolt is needed. And it goes on the second line on the VP.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed a glowshift FP guage a while back. Yes the directions are lacking a little, but it is a very simple install. I can't speak to the tapped banjo bolt into the bottom of the filter housing because I intalled mine on the VP44. If you install it there it will be the big line furthest to the back of the pump. I believe it comes from where you wanted to install it on the bottom of the filter houseing. I also installed a 18 inch grease gun whip so the vibration from the VP44 wouldn't kill the sender. Just my .02 though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
it goes on the VP, I would advise getting a snubber or valve to kill the pulses. Diesel manor has a snubber that makes the whole assembly slick and easy to do. put in the banjo bolt, screw the snubber into that, then the sender into that and attach the wire harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts