Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned removing the huge fan thats on our trucks. I saw in the jegs mag this month they have one for our trucks! It is made by flex-a-lite 264, item# 400-264, price was $550. This could not only gain mileage, but some hp & torque.. I live here in Texas where it gets really hot in the summer just curious if it would get the job done?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Well that because if you tow the manufacture says not to use them because they dont offer enough cooling.

Yes I have looked into this.:popcorn:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess I am hard of hearing, I doubt they wanted me to remove my DPF & cats or EGR but I did anyway. I was hoping somebody had done this mod and maybe have some input on how it cools? Maybe when the summer heat gets here we will know more.

·
Registered
867 Posts
lve swaped to electric fans on both my GMs...will be looking at electric for my c&c when warrentee runs out...great mods

Ford Tarus fan in a stock GM shroud for my 91gm :O)

·
Mark Ward
837 Posts
i run em in my 01 and hadnt had any problems

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had 2 fan clutches go out in the 04.5 and one of them made the fan chop the wiring harness and break off 2 fan blades... I could have bought 2 of those electric fan kits and mounted them on front and back of the radiator for what I paid for replacing the clutches and fan.... I sure would like to know more about those!
:$::$:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I like the electric fan idea but the description says - This fan cannot be installed on trucks with factory electronically controlled fan clutches.

Does this rule it out for a 2008?

·
Registered
85 Posts
03 to 08 have computer controlled fan clutch.

OG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts