Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay been driving with my new turbo from ED and i love it its a 63mm wheel, 68mm 10 blade turbine wheel. its set at 42 psi, im currently running my smarty on sw6 with rp4. my WOT temps are always under 1300 so far and at 65 they are about 750-900 depending on the terrain. question is with my 100s and stock cp3 with the original 225,000 miles from the old engine is the cp3 keeping up enough or is it not and my temps to high... does that make sense? also im going to be buying a mild pump and a fuel pressure relief valve from todd at TCdiesel in about a month or so. once i install this will my temps drop more or rise. trying to figure out, i was thinking they are about right but could be better as its not supporting enough fuel with worn out cp3. to much fuel= high egt. and not enough,to much air= high egt so thats what im trying to understand although i know my temps are okay now

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Without data logging or at min a RP gauge no one can tell you anything, it would be pure speculation. Who knows if your pump is keeping up?
Temps sound fine for 100s, but on a stock pump with aggressive tuning I would GUESS your RP is less than ideal.

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
I agree with Rye and your temps sound fine but I doubt your pump is keeping up with 100s unless you have a freak. You have her tuned back now which is most likely why your temps are not bad. Turn it up to 7 and you may have a diff story possibly.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with Rye and your temps sound fine but I doubt your pump is keeping up with 100s unless you have a freak. You have her tuned back now which is most likely why your temps are not bad. Turn it up to 7 and you may have a diff story possibly.
So should i keep running my tunes without added timing? And what about me running my rp at 4?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.