Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

egts dropped 150-200! thanks to valve adjustment and clean engine

2972 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  rolncol93
I just adjusted my valves the other day and I changed the gaskets and O-rings because i had oil leakin everywhere around the valve covers and all over my exhaust manifold. So i used a whole can of engine brite and a pressure washer and cleaned it all up and now it looks good and clean. I also painted my valve covers Grabber Green while I was at it, they look pretty cool i think. My valves were surprisingly not too bad, most of the intake valves and some of the exhaust valves were a little bit off but only by like .001" or .002". But i adjusted them anyways and it seems to run a lot better, I don't leak any oil anymore cuz i changed the gaskets and O rings and my egts dropped about 150 to 200 degrees!!! I don't know if its because of the valve adjustment or cleanin all the oil and grease off the motor, or both, but it runs a lot cooler, when i used to go down the highway at 65mph, my egts were around 800 to 900 and now they are about 600 to 750 so it helped a lot. Its nice to have a clean engine!!! Here is some pics of my valve covers painted grabber green with the engine enamel paint, I can't wait to paint my manifold and exhaust housing with some VHT black paint and get my red painted hy35 turbo on and a set of coolertubz, then it will look a lot better! but for now, I feel like its an ARCTIC CAT cummins! ha ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2,010 Posts
At 65mph on the flat I see 650 or so egt. If I climb a long hill and lean into it a little, it will climb to 900 at 75 mph.

· Registered
137 Posts
hell yeah, looks sick. im gonna do mine hemi orange and get a ats manifold and carbon fiber intake piece. in the older trucks the cummins looks so small in them, in my 1995 it takes up all my room haha.

· Registered
108 Posts
yeha i dont even know when the last time mine were adjusted probable need to do that here pretty quick.. hey your covers look like the same color as my old dodge ha covers look sweet man. intake looks bichin too :headbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.