Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about to get a pmt and was wondering where is the best spot for the egt sensor??? should i just use the one through the ecm thats comes factory on the truck or dill a new one?? pics would be great too

·
Registered
163 Posts
In my opinion I would drill and put a new sensor in the manifold. From my experiences factory instrumentation can seem to vary some from actual numbers. I do a lot of work on big diesels, Mainly cats, and a pyro probe on those can vary 250 degrees from the ECM reading through the laptop.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Your BADP exhaust will throw off the readings from the stock probe. You have to drill and tap the manifold to get an accurate reading. You also need separate software to use a standalone probe with the 6.7 PMT.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The PMT software is out. The pyro software is not. I am still waiting for it to be sent to me from Buddy at Bully Dog.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I was supposed to get it last Wed but there was a glitch in the software. Still waiting for the fixed version.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Just got the new software:thumbsup

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so is the pmt still being beta tested for the 6.7? or is the software out for good? also wats this about seperate software for the egt probe? annndddddd lol does the pmt clear codes at start up yet?

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
It is still technically in beta form. You need to get the software from the vendor you purchase it from or from Bully Dog. I have the new software for the pyro; it is now part of the latest PMT software. It still does not have the ability to clear codes on start up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts