Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RECENTLY HOOKED UP MY PYROMETER AND I CAN GET TO 1600 DEGREES PRETTY QUICK,AND THAT IS RUNNIN THE SMARTY ON SW9 AND THATS ALL IM RUNNIN I TOOK OF THE MP8. IS THAT TO HOT OR WHAT CAN I DO TO COOL IT.:peelout

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
1350 is the limit. Don't want any hotter than that! Either let off the throttle, use a lower smarty program, or get more air into that thing somehow! Alluminum melts at 1400 degrees.

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
when im haul'n my trailer ill be cruzin at 1300 but its all at your own risk.. Upinsmoke had a good tip, get some more air to that girl.. stocker (turbo) wont like that for very long!!

I must agree with you tho.. gettin a pyro and watchin it climb is a rude awakening sometimes lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
i agree with everyone, your runnin way too much fuel and not enough air... either a new bigger turbo or cut back on the smarty, which may be hard to do...

·
Banned
393 Posts
THATS HOTTTTT!!! Try fabbing up a torque tube for that air intake, and maybe an intake manifold. A water injection kit will lower your EGT's too...would anyone agree?? What about a new exhaust manifold too?

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
your trying to push too much hot air threw the stock turbo.

1- get a new turbo $$$
2- add H2O injection $
3- a diff IC may help but ill bet not much.

i think the main prob is you pushing hot air into the engine

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Turbo(s) or cam would help the most, also an intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and/or a new intercooler would do the trick

·
Registered
208 Posts
could the probe (sender) be bad that is plugged into the exhaust? That just seems very high, even for a stock turbo with intake and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Water meth would help the cause too but long term you NEED a bigger turbo if you plan on leaving the smarty cranked up that high....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts