Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Egt probes?

588 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  crackercwboy 
#1 ·
I have the smarty loaded and have been fairly code free for a couple days (have only had it on for a week). I am very happy with the power on the lower settings, but have a question.

I have the stock egt probes tied to the frame rail, and my truck sounds like it is in warm up mode (engine brake) constantly. I just ordered the sims and was wondering if the stock egt sims being tied up are making the truck think it is not warmed up yet, sometimes it flutters. Will the sims take care of the sound, is it causing any damage. Thanks for all your help guys.

#4 ·
I reloaded the program and the extremely loud whistle went away for a day. I seems to be when the truck is warmed up the worst. I still hear the whistle everytime I drive the truck and an occasionaly fluttering. You have been alot of help. I have not uploaded the software you sent me yet. Are you running the version you sent me? Keep in touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.