Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure everyone but me knew this but. If your installing an EGT probe do it with your truck running. Then the exhaust will blow the metal flakes out of the exhaust. Rather then running the risk of some falling into the exhaust and chewing up the turbo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
egt probe

I am sure everyone but me knew this but. If your installing an EGT probe do it with your truck running. Then the exhaust will blow the metal flakes out of the exhaust. Rather then running the risk of some falling into the exhaust and chewing up the turbo.
I just bought a egt gauge but not sure where to drill for the prob.I have 06 5.9.Thanks,Vann:banghead:

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
Also to Vann, dont run the tap all the way down or the probe will be loose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gentlemen,thanks.I would have thought the ex would have just blown the shavings on through,never thought about shavings hurting anything.The directions that came with the gauge don't tell you crap.Have you guys installed a tran temp and oil temp gauge.Thanks for the help! Vann:thumbsup:

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
I've never done an oil temp but have a tranny temp gauge. Did you get a moniter, attitude or commander?

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
You can get the fitting you need to install it in the hotline, which is supposed to be the most accurate. I just put mine in the test port on the passenger side of the tranny for now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Take a look at the link and go to page 27. Also if you dont want to tap the EGT while the engine is going. put lots of grease on the drill bit and drill really slow take your time.
http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-228.pdf
:ditto: this is how i have installed all my pyros and no problem so far. Just drill slowly and with lots of grease. Wipe the grease off the bit and manifold regularly. you cant be to careful.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts