Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a gdp solution egt kit for my ez lynk. Factory probe in back block off plate with extension down to first egt downpipe harness. Stationary 302f on egt 1-5. Have a tune installed witch is mapped for the egts to read. Plugged in several factory sensor in every harness slot and still Stationary 302f on egts 1-5. Did I do something wrong or unplug something somewhere that is causing no data from any egt even with the tune turning them on?

·
Registered
2016 RAM 4x4 Laramie - Deleted - Optimal Welding Tuned
2 Posts
I'm having the same exact problem and I also have the GDP KIT. I called there tech number and they told me it needed to be plugged into the connector near the downpipe and on EGT 1 on the ezlynk. I followed all there instructions and I'm still not getting any reading other than being stuck at 392f. I'm going to give them another call tomorrow. Were you able to fix your issue yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm having the same exact problem and I also have the GDP KIT. I called there tech number and they told me it needed to be plugged into the connector near the downpipe and on EGT 1 on the ezlynk. I followed all there instructions and I'm still not getting any reading other than being stuck at 392f. I'm going to give them another call tomorrow. Were you able to fix your issue yet?
I don't use Optimal for tuning but I do have an Ez Lynk with the GDP EGT kit. Mine is plugged into the first EGT connection at the bottom of the downpipe near the frame rail and my EGTs read on the Ez Lynk's EGT 5 PID.

·
Registered
2016 RAM 4x4 Laramie - Deleted - Optimal Welding Tuned
2 Posts
I went though all the EGTs on the EZlynk and they were all locked on the same number. I also tried all of the sensors off the old exhaust and still nothing. I'm coming to a conclusion that either the cable itself is bad or something with the tune. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Likely something not set right in the tune.

Reactions: tryNto
1 - 5 of 5 Posts