Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rig is in my sig line, just got the Edge J w/ A installed and the EGT's seem high?

What is an acceptable peak EGT on a short burst (I see over 1300º on level 5) what is an acceptable sustained EGT while loaded/towing? I'm around 900-1000º on level 2 towing about 7K up a 6% grade.

I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Other than what's listed in my sig, my truck is stock as far as I know. I do have a new IP and Carter LP installed prior to my purchase

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I was told you dont want to see any thing over 1350 degrees at short periods. And stay under 1150 degrees when towing on grades.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can cruise at 1200 all day 1300 is warm but it wont melt the pistons instantly. its when you pu to 15-1600 you better get out quick. 1000-1100 towing isnt hot it is just fine.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

So more fuel = higher EGT's?, but more fuel = more power? I'm not buildin a sled puller so I want economy and power when I need it as well as longevity.

·
Registered
75 Posts
since its economy that you are wanting i would say that you could put in a set of RV275's which are about 50hp injectors that poeple say give them a decent boost in mpg. lots of guys run them and reall like them. do a search and read some about them. you can pick some up for around 300 bucks. but once you start adding power its going to make you want more and more, trust me it happens

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since its economy that you are wanting i would say that you could put in a set of RV275's which are about 50hp injectors that poeple say give them a decent boost in mpg. lots of guys run them and reall like them. do a search and read some about them. you can pick some up for around 300 bucks. but once you start adding power its going to make you want more and more, trust me it happens
Oh I know, I've been a gasser gearhead for many years. I know that in a gassre that if you ad fuel you get more power to a point of over fueling and HP drops off. I'm just tryin to learn how far I can push the current hardware without long term damage. I've learned alot in 3 months of diesel ownership but still need to know more before I ad more stuff.

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts

:agree2: its addicting

They say not to go over 1350-1400. Ive seen 1600 on mine. :eek:hno: but when i had the head off everything looked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts