Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to eliminate the EGR system from my truck. How do you keep it from tripping the CEL? I've been told to put a piece of electrical wire between the contacts in the connector and plug it back into the sensor to keep the CEL from coming on. The guy that told me that wasn't totally sure, so I thought I'd ask everybody to make sure.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I didn't say to plug the connector back into the EGR sensor. Put a jumper in the connector and tie it out of the way. Then remove the EGR hardware and block the holes in the manifolds. I think that is all that is needed, but if someone knows more please say so.

·
Registered
861 Posts
do all p pump 12 valves have an EGR?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Only CA trucks made from Jan 1, '96 to Dec 31, '98.

·
Registered
861 Posts
hmmm thats what i had heard. thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I use black tape over the CEL ...lol

i put on a new intake and exhaust manifold after the egr was yanked

i haven't tried to jumper the connector,...hmm

is there only 2 wires ? i should look,

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hopefully, someone who has done this will chime in and let us know exactly what needs to be done to kill the CEL. You might try a resister and see what happens.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, a guy on my local performance forum suggested that. Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody have an idea what I can do other than putting a piece of electrical tape over the CEL? :) I have no clue what type of resistor to try.

·
Registered
585 Posts
EGR Bypass

Dan Avilla at dieseltruckresource.com sent me this diagram.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts