Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
You sound too focused on the EGR valve. You don't have any EGR DTC's and it's been replaced twice.

You don't mention that you are monitoring high side rail and low side lift pump fuel pressures.
I would recommend monitoring both of these. Especially the low side fuel pressure since you have a FASS.
It could very well be a fuel system issue.

I would also recommend to monitor battery voltage with an independent voltmeter in the cab.

Monitoring these parameters would at least eliminate several variables.
Agreed. I also don't see how excess exhaust in the cylinder would be hard for the engine to crank over as the OP stated.

Reactions: StealthDiesel

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
lins.. in regards to the excess pressure not causing the hard crank.. can you educate me please?
Why would there be excess pressure while cranking? It's not even making exhaust yet while cranking, it's still trying to suck air into the engine...

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
so the way it was explained to me.. there would be exhaust in the cylinder from the egr stuck open.. an abnormal amount of exhaust.. it’s that exhaust that it is trying to get out from cranking to allow fresh air in to start.
Even if that was possible, after a revolution or two of cranking with no combustion, there would be no more exhaust as the engine wouldn't have made any...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts