Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

My beloved 6.7 truck has the following....

• DPF and EGR deleted

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • DPF deleted/no EGR delete..yet

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Neither, waiting for code free kits/parts kit

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Nothing aftermarket, if it aint broke dont fix it...

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • No deletes, but other stuff. i.e. programmer, filter back exhaust, intake, etc...

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • tassles and curb feelers...

Votes: 6 6.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get an idea...where are you and how happy are you with the results ??

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Just trying to get an idea...where are you and how happy are you with the results ??
I couldn't be happier with my 6.7 and its mods.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Both deleted and the truck can't run any better! Smokes just enough with both boxes turned up and the EGT's never go past 1400

·
Registered
733 Posts
Absolutely LOVE the BADP 5" delete!!! Runs good, sounds even better and the power and fuel mileage are great. I have the EGR delete plates from K2Diesel ready to install when I have the time next week.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I have finally been able to get the EGR deleted and feel it to be the really evil one of the two mentioned. EGR causes so much extra carbon and soot in the crankcase oil. I have both the DPF and the EGR deleted now and waiting for the code free of both these.

Heck I loved my first Dodge Cummins(6.7) from the beginning, just think they lied about the fuel mileage on it LOL... Still one heck of a motor as I get things all worked out and off the truck LOL...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Both deleted and my truck now runs like it should have from the factory:popcorn:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok people please finish convincing me to cash in my warranty and take it straight to BADP and K2. I am almost there. What are your thoughts on waiting till 100k to do the deletes? What about just doing them, keeping the warranty and the factory parts handy to put back on during warranty work.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Ok people please finish convincing me to cash in my warranty and take it straight to BADP and K2. I am almost there. What are your thoughts on waiting till 100k to do the deletes? What about just doing them, keeping the warranty and the factory parts handy to put back on during warranty work.
Its all about your peace of mind. If you can live without a warranty go for it. If not then you might not want to go that route. I am yet to hear of any major issues with deleting that stuff. I very much enjoy my truck as it is. Modded and running great.

·
Registered
733 Posts
So is BADP working on a EGR delete box? I have the plates from K2 but no MP-8 and I don't have the AX flash. I'm planning on getting the AX flash done this week when I get the front end allined. Plus the service mgr really wants to see the TBE !

Will I get a bad fuel knock without having an MP-8?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Its only noticeable if you really listen. Lower RPMs <1500 before the turbo starts to spool. Once is spools up it goes away. Basically just when you lug it down a little.

·
Registered
733 Posts
OK I think I live with that. I may do the EGR delete today then. I have all of your pictures saved on the hard drive so I can do it myself. I hate the idea of all that soot and carbon going into the engine, bad enough it has been for the last 20k miles on it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've tried really hard to hear a feul knok. I havn't heard anything bad coming from my engine compatment. I do have the AX flash with an MP-8 and my edge has the timming option. I've never had the edge on edge timming because I have it stacked with the Superchips. I love the way this thing runs without the emmisions struff!

·
Registered
733 Posts
my new Edge that was installed yesterday has the timing feature as well, but its on stock timing right now

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I did egr delete last weekend would recommend taking it all off to the manifold. You will have to make 2 plates for on top of the manifold. Compcowboy has pictures in one of his treads really cleans up the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
By the way my truck was bought in Dec 07 and now has 2198miles WHAT WARRANTY

·
Banned
722 Posts
Its only noticeable if you really listen. Lower RPMs <1500 before the turbo starts to spool. Once is spools up it goes away. Basically just when you lug it down a little.
Thanks for the info. Im never below 2000 rpms as it is so that gives me a peice of mind.

Ive had my exhaut for 35k miles now and its only getting louder. I luv it. Very wise investment. EGR will be installed next weekend thanks to keven at K2:hyper:. Ive got no chips/proggies and stock pump. I might get a mp8 1 day but who knows. Im still getting no comments with mp8 while towing heavy. I dont think i would gain any mpg. With the exhaust i noticed a nice mpg gain empty but im never empty. I may of only gained 1 mpg loaded heavy. But 1 thing i did notice was that sometimes my truck would be a dawg when regen going up hill or after idled all night long and go take off the next morning. Since exhaust, im having no issues. BTW i still never had a overhead reading with cat anything. Only overheads pop up were oil changes and the 67,500 perform service that popped up last trip. That thing came on exactly at 67,500. But i did my CCV at 60k due to an oil leak from it being clogged. Was gonna have dealer clean egr but whats the point once i have my egr installed. Good day ya'll:lol3:

·
Registered
286 Posts
whats the deal with the egr delete and clearing codes...do you have to clear them everytime the truck starts??

·
Registered
733 Posts
I did egr delete last weekend would recommend taking it all off to the manifold. You will have to make 2 plates for on top of the manifold. Compcowboy has pictures in one of his treads really cleans up the engine bay.
I bought the EGR plates from Keven K2Diesel, are those the two plates you are talking about, plus the one round one? I was just going to follow CompCowboys picture directions, after I get the AX flash this week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts