Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first diesel so I am VERY new to this. Would someone explain what the egr & dpf delete is, and also anything else that I should or shouldnt do to this truck LOL.
Ive got a Gibson superflow muffler as well as their new Triangle flow 6" tip waiting to go on so I guess I better learn what Im doing! Thanks for any help guys!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
The Deletes Eliminate the most harmful and issue causing parts on these trucks. The DPF is a filter in the exhaust that catches the Soot and burns it out by using an extra injection pulse in the exhaust stroke of the engine to create the needed heat (1400*+). This is part of the MPG issues. The EGR recirculates the Exhaust and pumps it into the intake, causing a reduction in NOx emissions. The problem is that it also pumps large amounts of soot into the engine causing numerous Turbo issues as well as increased EGTs. Removing these items is helpful due to the fact that you will use less fuel (no regen), no rising oil level (more Regen related issues), less soot related issues with the turbo (almost no issues) and More HP/TQ to boot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot guys. SO if you use the deletes then it would make the truck blow more smoke out of the pipe then correct? Guess Ill research now how to do the deletes as it seems its a must for these 6.7L's. Im falling in love with this diesel truck,,,Im a hardcore Mustang man and know more than the law should allow about them,,,but this Diesel thing is a new ballgame!!!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
SO if you use the deletes then it would make the truck blow more smoke out of the pipe then
deleting the DPF will enable you to "blow out black smoke". that is not always a good thing. if you get an air intake, you will blow less smoke. it isnt about the loudness and smoke your truck will produce.... sure,,,, itll sound better, but the most important thing is that you are taking care of the truck and hopefully itll last longer with all the junk taken off it.

*****this isnt really written in the best grammatical format, however..... I am exhausted and grammar doesnt really matter right now*******

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would limit the black smoke pouring. I like it as much as the next but that is what draws the unwanted attention to the diesels. You can mod the crap out of a gasser and never show it. Open a diesel up and it will leave a trail. LOL!.

Also that black smoke is unburnt fuel. so it actually should be Green$$$$

·
Registered
68 Posts
how do you delete the dfp? Just pull it out?
How does that affect the emissions standard? In 2010 do you have to reinstall it?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
you need a fooler box or sensors to make it work, you can't just straight pipe the exhaust. you will never have to put it back on UNLESS your state require emmissions testing and actually measures NOx and Soot content of the exhaust

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
where do you get a fooler box or sensors, how much are they, and is it somethiing I can do myself?

·
Registered
68 Posts
After the DFP delete what differences can I expect? Advantages and disadvantages? Warranty void?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
come on people. i can understand some questions about the dpf.... but good god!!! there are topics titled DPF delete manufactures.... how much more clear do you want it???? there is over 40topics on the DPF.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well then enlighten me. I am looking for personal experience. I can read tons of maufacturers articles but that is like talking to a car salesman. They are going to tell you what you wanna hear...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
actually, on here, you are gonna get the truth. any of the topics starting off with DPF will give you more than what you need to know. do a little investigation. if you really wanna know.... PM some of the guys who have the DPF delete... you can tell this by looking in their signature.... CompCowboy would be a good one to PM... hes very knowledgeable.... another would be Mattpopp, Keven at K2performance.... JonNeimyer........ im prolly spelling some of the names wrong, but those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
155 Posts
use the search feature as well. You will get your questions answered just by reading...Any other questions you have that is not already covered can be addressed in a new topic...

Just trying to help ya out and get you where you need to be in the shortest and easiest way possible...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah , thx

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I will follow up on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts