Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an all stock 07 6.7L with only 62K miles, 4x4, 6 speed trany. im thinking about deleting the egr. What should i invest in first? Programmer, then kit? Will i need to plug off sensors with some sort of resister? Is there a chance i would see a little improvement with fuel mileage just by doing this delete?

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
you can see a difference in fuel mileage just by unplugging it. you really need to read up on this before you decide. there are a couple of sticky's to read and/or search for

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only warranty is the diesel warranty and im already fed up with the dealerships! what do you mean sticky's?

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,401 Posts
Sticky Threads are at the top of most forums. They don't move from the top as people post new threads, hence why they're called stickies. There's tons of info regarding deletes (DPF and EGR) in the stickies. EGR delete has a couple options, personally I'm going with full EGR delete.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that is what i have been reading in most of these forums. people will just do away with the headaches. im also wandering about the most up to date programmer that would work best for me. Although updates in software tends to fail and need bugs worked out. that is what thought bothers me. thoughts on the best programmer???

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,401 Posts
H&S Performance makes boxes that do away with all codes/problems associated with DPF deletes. I'm trying to make my Edge Juice work (previous owner installed to rid the rig of CEL/MIL and codes). I'm buying SIMs for the EGT and the filter differential pressure sensor for the exhaust as well. If they don't work I'll sell the Edge and get a H&S box to deal with the issues. I would make the SIMs but the origional owner (not previous to me) got rid of DPF and there's no connectors from that equipment left (just on the truck side). With the H&S boxes you don't need SIMs as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Just curious what would make you delete it before your warranty runs out?

07 6.7L quad cab sport
:spank::spank::spank::spank:

·
Registered
233 Posts
umm, what?
There are two schools of thought...... run your truck stock with the warranty...... and delete and have a better truck in the long run.

Salty dogs on this forum hate answering it over and over because 50% of the threads here are about it. Use the search.... read some past threads and you will see.

Keep in mind that most of the people prone to come to this site WANT to tinker with their trucks and the majority of them on the road are stock. BUUUUUT both sides of the arguement have their merits. Mine will be stock until it has MANY more miles on the warranty.

Welcome.

Dave

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
There are two schools of thought...... run your truck stock with the warranty...... and delete and have a better truck in the long run.

Salty dogs on this forum hate answering it over and over because 50% of the threads here are about it. Use the search.... read some past threads and you will see.

Keep in mind that most of the people prone to come to this site WANT to tinker with their trucks and the majority of them on the road are stock. BUUUUUT both sides of the arguement have their merits. Mine will be stock until it has MANY more miles on the warranty.

Welcome.

Dave
Thank you:thumbsup:

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
All kinds of reading in here on deletes and unplugging the EGR.
6.7L Tech Articles - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Also for mods, deletes & programmer stuff look in the 6.7L performance section for discussion.
You are not the first nor will you be the last to ask those questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts