Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EGR Delete

990 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  NCcummins
Can someone direct me to some pictures or good instructions on installing the EGR blocker plates. I just received my shibby blockoff kit but there wasn't any instructions. :confused013: I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks for the help.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
848 Posts
There are some sticky's on the 6.7 ltr powertrain forum.
Go to the top of page to forums and go from there.

· Registered
1,721 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know how I can enlarge the pictures on the EGR Delete instructios so I can see the pic's and read the instructions? I click on the pictures and it sends me to another site and I don't know how to view them from there. I want to do this myself but I need clear instructions.

Thanks

· Registered
1,721 Posts
You just have to click the small pics and the big pics will show up in a new screen/tab, it might take a couple seconds for them to show up, just be patient

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
Does anyone know how I can enlarge the pictures on the EGR Delete instructios so I can see the pic's and read the instructions? I click on the pictures and it sends me to another site and I don't know how to view them from there. I want to do this myself but I need clear instructions.

Thanks
I try to direct anyone looking for instructions to those stickies because they give better and larger pics than I can put on an 8.5 X 11. Just click the smaller image and make sure you have the window maximized that it opens in or else it will probably resize small again. :thumbsup: If you can't get that to work let me know and I'll send you a zip file of them.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was finally able to get the pic's to the larger size. Thanks to all who helped. I've read a couple of posts of guys breaking screws when doing the delete. Was it on the cooler delete or blocker plates that this was happening?

Thanks again

· Registered
6 Posts
After reading all of this about the EGRs, if they stay connected a lot of soot gets put into the engine right? Is this in the oil or does it get circulated through the exhaust? If its in the oil, would a bypass oil filter system correct it?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
soot goes into the intake recirculates into the cylinders, and causes the DPF to clog up. To burn out the DPF the injectors spray fuel on the exhaust stroke to fuel the burn. The extra fuel sprayed then, washes down the cylinder walls and cause the fuel saturation of oil to increase a good deal faster than normal. The soot being rolled back into the cylinders also causes the oil to get sootier faster. Really there's no up side of leaving it hooked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.