Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today I installed my h&s mini maxx with od software and a egr block off with a cai. Threw like 5 codes due to the egr delete and still have dpf present... Now I have major issues. Shifting funny, revs up, stuck i'n first some times.... Programmer the truck back to stock and still happening? Is this due to egr delete and dpf still there ? I haves spoke with bobby at h&s and he thinks it is... This is a 2008 6.7 qc sb auto trans!!!!! Help!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
From my understanding it all needs to be off if you are going that route....

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think it's the dpf still there when you program it to know the dpf is there it's like running an edge without sims it thinks all emissions are still thereand supposed to be working so if you deleted the egr it will start throwning codes best bet delete the dpf and reprogram the mm with the dpf turned off

·
Registered
223 Posts
and PER H&S DPF EGR has to be off the truck....
what codes you got. this might help a little.
i have 08 and did H&S Mini Maxx DPF EGR CAT delete and got code cause i made mistake and left one of the plugs off on intake pipe.
cleared code and running fine since then.
did you load any programs on SD card. did you actually program your truck?
maybe pull the batts of for 1/2 hour , download newest software from H&S website load it to your SD card and reload the truck...

good luck

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The EGR codes with DPF present are normal. If your truck shifts funny returned back to the stock tuning, you likely have a hardware problem inside the transmission. It should eventually throw some codes, or hook to it with a transmission scanner to get more information. Good luck with it, let us know what we can do to help.

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Ok today I installed my h&s mini maxx with od software and a egr block off with a cai. Threw like 5 codes due to the egr delete and still have dpf present... Now I have major issues. Shifting funny, revs up, stuck i'n first some times.... Programmer the truck back to stock and still happening? Is this due to egr delete and dpf still there ? I haves spoke with bobby at h&s and he thinks it is... This is a 2008 6.7 qc sb auto trans!!!!! Help!!!!!!
Put your EGR back on until you are ready to remove the DPF.

James
RSD

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I have 5" mbrp race pipe i'n my living room for first thing i'n the morning!!!!!! I hope no internals are bad since it was fine before I messed with it!!!!! Also there were like 7 codes so maybe the truck was just all confused... Also I did not download any thing on sd card but it seemed to do the job and software was New... Was ok like for 100 miles but since egr delete major issues? Think exhaust will fix ??? Also why will it not shift out of forth on highway speeds... Please some one have the answer... Will pay for help lol;(

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
not trying to be rude, but next time follow the instructions, and you more then likely wont have any problems. If you run a smarty or h&s product and turn off the emissions you have to delete or disable everything or there will be problems.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I meant I had it set on dpf present cause it is but egr deleted... So ya think this is the issue?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And does the h&s not come downloaded? Have to download again? Very confused?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Personally I would not delete the DPF yet. If it were my truck, I would remove the programmer from the truck and drive it in stock form for a few days. (make sure to press Menu > Install download > return to stock). If it still has shifting problems in stock form, get that fixed first. Don't mind the EGR codes it will throw in stock form, they will not create transmission shifting problems. The Mini Maxx will not fix the truck if there is an issue with it, just causes more confusion in the mix for anyone trying to diagnose a problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok well here's the problem... I put 55 k miles on truck and never one issue.... Soon as mini maxx goes on I have massive problems??? I would hate to return all my parts cause I love it ;( I have like alot of codes and I remember a old dura max I had would go into 3rd and stay i'n that gear if a code was thrown.... I am so tired of issues after researching for 3 months till I finally spent money on h&s cause it's the best but I lost now and just confused...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just follow through like H&S and James said. :agree2::agree2::agree2:

Return truck to stock, see if problem exists, fix problem, do Dpf delete,
re-install MM following directions. Seems like another problem showed its ugly face as the same time you did the mods.

My buddy had a similar problem, installed MM, the the 4th gear shift solenoid went bad. Not MM fault, but happened just shortly after, He was playing with the MM at the time.:hehe:

Dodge ended up putting new trans in for him.

I just put a MM on my truck, with the DPF (not for long), everything works great. THANKS JAMES!!

You should also update the MM. Mine didn't have the newest software.

Good Luck, don't geet discouraged! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have deleted the last 3 trucks I have owned!! Here is the order of events that have worked FLAWLESS for me in the past. Do the exhaust, move to under the hood, delete the EGR or EGR/Cooler. after everything is unplugged and out of the way, Install the tuner. The tuner clears DTC's at the end of every download, so it just makes sense to me, to do the programmer last to clear the DTC's caused by all the delete process.

I do agree about the tranny, I would put everything back and make sure you dont have a major issue, THEN, do your business in the order I have done on the last 3 trucks.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
4th gear is limpmode for the transmission. Try posting the codes then someone may be able to better help. You didn't by chance unplug the map instead of the flapper?? That would make it do all kinds of crazy stuff. The map is on the intake horn. The flapper is on the thing bolted to the bottom of the intake horn between it and the intercooler. If you are unsure of what you are doing it would be an easy mistake to make.

Reactions: khuffmanjr
1 - 15 of 15 Posts