Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering if you have to be running the edge if you remove the egr? My truck is stock, but I should have my 5 inch tbe dpf delete system from PDI on thursday. Also, what codes would be thrown if I take off the egr and would it cause loss of power?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
You can do the EGR block with out the edge but you will get a code from the EGR and a code from the DPF delete if its not a code free DPF kit. I dont know what the codes are off the top of my head. Your dash will be lit up like a christmas tree though and you the DPF delete usally throws the over computer off and it dings every couple of minutes with cat full message and it shouldnt go into limp. If you dont wont the edge for added power then I wood recomend the edge insight or dash hawk so you can clear codes before you start so your dash is light free and you lose the annoying OHC ding. It also gives you added gauges. JMO

G

·
I have been trying to get a straight answer on the EGR delete.

Can the EGR Delete be done before the DPF delete?

What happens if I do the EGR first?

I've been going around and around with this in my head trying to evaluate if I should modify the truck that much.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have been trying to get a straight answer on the EGR delete.

Can the EGR Delete be done before the DPF delete?

What happens if I do the EGR first?

I've been going around and around with this in my head trying to evaluate if I should modify the truck that much.

Thanks in advance
No, it will plug up the DPF.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
well you can do the egr delete if you take of dpf really soon

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I wouldnt recommend it. I am not sure anyone has tried though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i dont think its a good idea without the delete, i wouldnt wanna risk it myself sounds like a headache waiting to happen taken away one part of the emissions system with out taking away the most important part first.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Not enough extra heat to burn things out of the filters if you do one delete before the other.

G

·
Cowboy to the rescue again :rof :rof :rof

I thought so. And Cowboy and I talked about this a week ago. But I don't recall seeing a clear answer. We got quite into depth on it. This is one of the reasons I held off on it.

My confused train of thought was cooler air, more O2 would give us better combustan and a cleaner out put. But on the other hand, if that were true, the MFG's would be putting in higher flow air filters and bigger intercoolers vs. the nightmare they created. I dunno. . .Maybe they're approach is wrong and they did what they could scratch out in crayon to meet standards. Maybe Cummins didn't have much time to play with it. (The engineers should have come here LOL)

So far all I have gone for is a Cold Air and an MP-8. I'm thinking about a Banks intercooler. Then we'll take it from there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You will probly still get a code with the edge every once in a while. It seems like 75% of the people get one while they are driving after they have cleared codes and started the truck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So you will get a code from deleting the egr for sure? but this is just a soft code and the edge takes care of it right?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Right :thumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts