Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck from my mother in law after her husband passed away. It's a 2010 2500 Cummins that has a DPF delete, full exhaust, intake, and I know it has been programmed with a tune on it, I believe it is 70 hp but can't remember what he told me for sure. I see the EGR has been unplugged and I am wondering if I can do an EGR delete on it without a tuner or reprogramming it again? Does anyone have any idea on this?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Yep you can remove without retune. The fact it is unplugged tells you that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RamHunter18

·
Registered
666 Posts
Remove away. You'll be fine

·
Registered
666 Posts
Remove a big heat sink of the top of the exhaust manifold and less cooling system fittings to fail. Looks better.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Remove it. Why pack it full of soot and make it harder to get working again if you ever need to. The only reason i can see to leave it is to maybe slide on a road side visual if a cop ever looks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping that was the answer but wanted to double check. Are there any down sides to taking the EGR off? Other than emission laws. I just don't like the idea of all the soot in my motor even though the valve is unplugged I'm sure some gets pas the butterfly.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nope. I was gonna leave mine installed but with the way of this f ed up world now I said screw it and removed all of the crap. I have a bed full of junk now and a much smooth running truck. I had forgot how well the raceme tune abd trans tune run

1 - 10 of 10 Posts