Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just did the egr delete and my check engine came on with the red lightning bolt. the code is a p0106 code. i can turn the truck off and let the edge clear it but i can drive it for a 2 miles and it comes back on. has anyone seen this problem?

·
Registered
265 Posts
That sux, u do have a dpf delete kit right? Fill out sig!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i do have dpf delete. i unpluged the iat sensor and then pluged it back in and no more codes. i will drive it again in the morning. has anyone seen this problem?

·
Banned
722 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
been there seen it and still get it lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
i have learned that if you ride with it on the computer wil learn it and shut it off but you will still have a cel but i will say this im gettin 19.5 mpg now and thats hand cal. with no proformance upgrades other then badp exhaust and the egr delete

·
Registered
343 Posts
mine hasnt as of yet and i have had it off for almost 4 months now like i said every once in a while the etc light will come on but it will go out

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
You guys have the AX flash if these are '07 models???

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Well i just did mine and i plug the damn egr valve in that big harness thing and i remembered after the light came that you do NOT plug the egr valve in i kept mine on with the plates and got that same code it is manifold pressure low so when that valve plug in i think it tries to close the butterfly plate and it prolly shows increase in pressure but it cany when there is no plate not sure just my .02 but i going to have the block plates showin so just unplug it and whe will be good to go thats what my problem is any way. By the way egr delete is good stuff the power is smooth and way smoother running and respons is improved lots and coming to a stop i hear allot more turbo noise whistle i like it good investment. Also got the intake horn cleaned all up put it in the ol parts cleaner at the dodge dealer my friend works at she completely spotless like bran new now highly reccomend trying to do that and i blew the heater grid out with air compressor to holy hell soot dust all over the place flying into the air looked like a fire and i only have 7300 miles on her remove as soon as ya can ha ha.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Oh and by the way i do have the ax flash mine is the 07.5 and while that code was on my truck it would act like the exhaust brake would kick in while driving steady pace it would just make the noise and boost would climb on a steady cruising speed wich ya should have no boost or a pound or 2 it climed to 11 psi at 42mph

·
Registered
18 Posts
what egr delete are you guys using. I spent alot of time with a very friendly diesel tec at my dealership and told him about what some guys are doing. removing the egr valve and putting on plates then removing the flapper in the intake. he said all you have to do is block off the exaust behind what he called " the bread box " from coming in with a stainless steal plate. It keeps it all stalk and working so no codes, he also stated that the guys doing it the other way there will be a build up of soot in the "bread box" and if you ever had to change it back it wouldn't be pretty all that soot trying to move.
Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
265 Posts
whats this bread box now?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
you talking about the actual exhaust cooler so put the plates on the manifold? i thin k people been talking about doing it but not sure if it been done yet i been maybe considering doing it but not sure if it just unbolt and block then done or what but is the cooler what ya talking about bread box haha

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
but i rather have soot in whatever the bread box is then inside my intake horn !!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
You will loose some boost efficiency if you just block off the tube with a 2 inch disk. Every time you build boost it will pressure up all of the tube that is not blocked off. Best to block it off on both ends. It would be best to remove the egr cooler as well. This should make it more reliable as well as cleaning up the engine bay. By deleting the egr cooler you are getting rid of 2 places that could leak coolant also.

·
Banned
722 Posts
I got the 2 plates from k2. Havent put them on yet. I will next weekend hopefully. i know there was talk on a previous thread about building plates to remove the cooler. Anyone know of that yet cause im sure many people will be interested in that as i am.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Theres a lot of knowlege on this site, and some great threads on deleting your egr valve and egr cooler with step by step pictures im not sure what ones they are but if you havent seen them ya might take a look they would be very helpful.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I remember seeing a pic of poindexters c&c, he had a complete egr removal cooler and all...pics in the forum somwhere.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
The plates to block off the cooler are being worked on:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 33 Posts