Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes you can, you will just need a Tuner such as H&S Mini Max and run it with DPF still installed when setting it up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Is the tuner required for simply an egr delete? Can the truck run fine with the CEL on? I guess the question is, what affects will it have on the truck if the egr is deleted and no tuner is placed?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you look on other threads here, some have it unplugged with the CEL on but other then that no change. Then some have said they noticed issues and running rougher.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Actually...I am pretty sure that the H&S products will not do what you are looking for. If you are running the DPF present tune, it assumes that all the other emissions equipment is still there. This is there "street legal" tune so everything works like it came from the factory.

You may be able to get the egr disabled with the smarty while still running your dpf.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sask you may be right I haven't really messed with it that much. I have all the deletes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts