Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EGR Delete Instructions W\pics

231K views 355 replies 124 participants last post by  torquey 
#1 · (Edited)

And that is that. Good Luck.

See less See more
#8 ·
I havent so far seen any codes as i have the Edge set to delete Codes at Start up.

I used a piece of 1/8" Aluminum to make all the blockoffs. 2" wide, just traced the housing and cut a 2" circle.

#11 ·
awesome, awesome stuff!!! thanks for helping everyone out by taking the time to document everything. that will make life a lot easier for everyone. one question though, where did you get the block off plates?

#12 ·
I just did it this evening, No MPG reports yet. It does feel a little more responsive but cannot tell for sure yet.

I made the blockoffs myself out of a piece of 2" x 2' x 1/8" Aluminum i got at home depot for a few $'s

#18 ·
The plug you need to unhook and leave unhooked is on the EGR Housing. Some leave that on with all the piping for the stock look. They just install thinner plates inbetween.

#17 ·
Removing the EGR prevents the exhaust from going back through the engine. Look at the picks of all the soot inside the Intake Housing. Without the EGR, you shouldnt get that build up.

I used a bandsaw and a belt/disc Sander to make the Blockoffs.

#19 ·
please get back to us with your look on fuel!!!

#20 ·
This is defiantly sticky worth, step by step guide, with pictures, and you even included the bolt sizes. I swear at first I thought this must be the instructions to some upcoming EGR delete kit the quality is that good.

I’ve got some left over sheet metal form another project; I just might have to give this a try.

#22 ·
Hey guys, what codes should I expect if I do the EGR block off? I don't have an edge and I'll be looking at a light anyway with the DPF delete, but will the codes hurt the performance?

#25 ·
What if you only made the 2" round block off plate and took the butterfly out ? Would that not work the same?

#29 ·
You would think that in theory that should work the same. You could just remove the butterfly, then you could make 2 of the 2" diameter block off plates and put them on both ends of the egr tube that runs from the exhaust side to the intake side. Like i said you would think that would work the same. and you could just unplug the egr and leave everything looking stock. After all, when someone looks at my motor I want them to know that it is a 6.7.

#31 ·
I bet this egr delete will make it blow even more smoke, I mean it should. All that was going through the engine will now be going straight out the exhaust pipe. I am going to try doing the two 2" block off plates on the tube when my badp kit comes in. Hopefully someone will do it before me so i know it works. lol.

#38 ·
Matt, I think you'd only need 1 plate and you would have to place it on the right hand side tube clamp. The left hand side has a shoulder and would be more of a challange to overcome. The right side has more of a bevel without a washer and it would be real easy to do. That, along with the butterfly and unplug, would be all you need , andit would look stock.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.