Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey guys, what codes should I expect if I do the EGR block off? I don't have an edge and I'll be looking at a light anyway with the DPF delete, but will the codes hurt the performance?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2,050 Posts
excellent post make it a sticky

·
Registered
691 Posts
What if you only made the 2" round block off plate and took the butterfly out ? Would that not work the same?

·
Registered
43 Posts
EGT holds steady around 650 on the highway. As soon as I park it EGT drops to around 350. I dont even use my turbo timer anymore

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
What if you only made the 2" round block off plate and took the butterfly out ? Would that not work the same?
You would think that in theory that should work the same. You could just remove the butterfly, then you could make 2 of the 2" diameter block off plates and put them on both ends of the egr tube that runs from the exhaust side to the intake side. Like i said you would think that would work the same. and you could just unplug the egr and leave everything looking stock. After all, when someone looks at my motor I want them to know that it is a 6.7.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I bet this egr delete will make it blow even more smoke, I mean it should. All that was going through the engine will now be going straight out the exhaust pipe. I am going to try doing the two 2" block off plates on the tube when my badp kit comes in. Hopefully someone will do it before me so i know it works. lol.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Awesome thread! Must be a sticky!

I would think that eliminating the "bad" air would make a hp difference. now there is much better O2 instead of CO2??

This was done with out an exhaust? or a DPF Delete? Would the filter fill up faster and cause more regens?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Awesome thread! Must be a sticky!

I would think that eliminating the "bad" air would make a hp difference. now there is much better O2 instead of CO2??

This was done with out an exhaust? or a DPF Delete? Would the filter fill up faster and cause more regens?
My truck has the DPF Delete. You wouldnt be wise in removing this before the DPF. The DPF uses the EGR to help create the heat needed to burn the DPF out. No heat=Plugged DPF=$$$$$

·
Registered
43 Posts
my truck would blow some decent smoke, once I deleted the egr I noticed I wasnt blowing smoke like before. But the egt's are down and it runs great.

·
Registered
503 Posts
sorry about that, just seen where you said you were using 1/8.
i guess you could leave the tube on and just use two round plugs and remove the butterfly. i am going to remove the tube because my fs-2500 will now fit where it fit on my 5.9 did.:beer

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
the IAT Sensor is on the backside of the intake housing. I think its a small 4 prong connector. It is the same one that the Edge hooks too. It may be the MAP sensor instead of the IAT.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I bet this egr delete will make it blow even more smoke, I mean it should. All that was going through the engine will now be going straight out the exhaust pipe. I am going to try doing the two 2" block off plates on the tube when my badp kit comes in. Hopefully someone will do it before me so i know it works. lol.
Matt, I think you'd only need 1 plate and you would have to place it on the right hand side tube clamp. The left hand side has a shoulder and would be more of a challange to overcome. The right side has more of a bevel without a washer and it would be real easy to do. That, along with the butterfly and unplug, would be all you need , andit would look stock.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My truck has the DPF Delete. You wouldnt be wise in removing this before the DPF. The DPF uses the EGR to help create the heat needed to burn the DPF out. No heat=Plugged DPF=$$$$$

For the folks who still have the dpf:

Given that the full on EGR pumps soot and heat into the system and you need that heat with the dpf still installed: does a partial plug reducing EGR flow make sense, where you let less heat into the system, but also less soot?

21 - 40 of 356 Posts