Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
You would be just fine. You sound like you got it figured out fSounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
holy crap at all the info!! I just got my 08 last week and want to do all these mods before I get too many miles on it. Here's what I think I have learned. Do DPF and EGR deletes(leave the butterfly valve on since I have the latest flash), get the edge or pmt( I am kind of leaning towards the edge please let me know if someone has had problems with it), get a CAI. I am thinking about the afe mega cannon. This site is great. After reading through aprox 30 pages of info I feel better about doing all of this.
:thud::thud::thud:Or you could try dare I say Leave it stock and have a very nice truck anyways

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
:thud::thud::thud:Or you could try dare I say Leave it stock and have a very nice truck anyways
I think it is pretty safe to say that your experiences with your 6.7L CTD are the exception, not the rule. I was all about leaving the truck stock powertrain-wise when I bought it, until I started having all the well documented problems with the emissions equipment. Had I bought an 07 5.9L instead of the 08 6.7L I probably would still be bone stock. However the vast majority of 6.7L owners who frequent this forum are going to have a longer lasting, more economical truck after removing the emissions equipment. Glad to hear that you are happy with your truck bone stock and are somehow producing results utterly atypical to the majority on this forum but that doesn't mean I wouldn't strongly recommend a new owner get rid of everything they feel comfortable getting rid of as soon as possible. The odds are certainly in the favor of a truck having emissions and efficiency problems than one NOT having either while remaining bone stock.

P

·
0 Posts
I think it is pretty safe to say that your experiences with your 6.7L CTD are the exception, not the rule. I was all about leaving the truck stock powertrain-wise when I bought it, until I started having all the well documented problems with the emissions equipment. Had I bought an 07 5.9L instead of the 08 6.7L I probably would still be bone stock. However the vast majority of 6.7L owners who frequent this forum are going to have a longer lasting, more economical truck after removing the emissions equipment. Glad to hear that you are happy with your truck bone stock and are somehow producing results utterly atypical to the majority on this forum but that doesn't mean I wouldn't strongly recommend a new owner get rid of everything they feel comfortable getting rid of as soon as possible. The odds are certainly in the favor of a truck having emissions and efficiency problems than one NOT having either while remaining bone stock.
I've been saying the 6.7 has more potential than the 5.9 for a long time. We are already getting the same, if not better, MPG with the mods, but better performance as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
help

i have a 07 i bought used for the dealership 4 months ago
i dont know what flash i have. i have installed a dpf delete and edge and i just ordered the egr delete when i do the install do i take the butterfly out or leave it

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
once the EGR delete gets there, yank it. that way you are certain, since you are removing the EGR anyway.

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
You should be able to look at a sticker under the hood to find out what flash you have. You can try to just unplug it first. If it has issues then remove it all.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
off topic, but comp... are you even serious with your icon picture? LOL

such a tease!

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
110% serious, there is a whole thread on it. This weekend piping will likely be done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just want to say thanks to compcowboy as i just finished my delete today took me about a day and half with one person. and man what a pain in the A$$ the down pipe is to take out even lowering the tranny cross member. but i used your pics and instructions for the delete up top and wanted to say thanks. i know blew black smoke and love it

·
Registered
208 Posts
You should be able to look at a sticker under the hood to find out what flash you have. You can try to just unplug it first. If it has issues then remove it all.
Where is the sticker that I.D.'s the FLASH the truck has located?

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Usually its on the part that runs across the top of the radiator where the hood latch is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you had any MPG improvement??? and how is the power dude??

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Best MPGs i have seen was 22. I currently average about 17. Maybe slightly less towing but not much. I drive with a heavy foot too.

341 - 356 of 356 Posts