·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Just figuring out the post.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
what codes get tripped from this egr delete? also, how thick are the plates you used for the block off plates?

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havent so far seen any codes as i have the Edge set to delete Codes at Start up.

I used a piece of 1/8" Aluminum to make all the blockoffs. 2" wide, just traced the housing and cut a 2" circle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
how is it running? does it feel more powerful? have your mpg's gone up?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
awesome, awesome stuff!!! thanks for helping everyone out by taking the time to document everything. that will make life a lot easier for everyone. one question though, where did you get the block off plates?

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just did it this evening, No MPG reports yet. It does feel a little more responsive but cannot tell for sure yet.

I made the blockoffs myself out of a piece of 2" x 2' x 1/8" Aluminum i got at home depot for a few $'s

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
and what does this do???????

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I just did it this evening, No MPG reports yet. It does feel a little more responsive but cannot tell for sure yet.

I made the blockoffs myself out of a piece of 2" x 2' x 1/8" Aluminum i got at home depot for a few $'s

what tools did you use to cut the plates out of the sheet of aluminium?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Good pictorial! This will help a lot of us to do the EGRendectomy.
I thought that you can unhook one of those plugs after you block all of the ports off?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great job Compcowboy. This definately needs to be a sticky

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Removing the EGR prevents the exhaust from going back through the engine. Look at the picks of all the soot inside the Intake Housing. Without the EGR, you shouldnt get that build up.

I used a bandsaw and a belt/disc Sander to make the Blockoffs.

·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good pictorial! This will help a lot of us to do the EGRendectomy.
I thought that you can unhook one of those plugs after you block all of the ports off?
The plug you need to unhook and leave unhooked is on the EGR Housing. Some leave that on with all the piping for the stock look. They just install thinner plates inbetween.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
please get back to us with your look on fuel!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is defiantly sticky worth, step by step guide, with pictures, and you even included the bolt sizes. I swear at first I thought this must be the instructions to some upcoming EGR delete kit the quality is that good.

I’ve got some left over sheet metal form another project; I just might have to give this a try.

1 - 20 of 356 Posts