Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:$::$: Question:
When the egr delete is done (egr completely removed) does that affect the performace of the exhaust brake.??
I mean the egr has nothing to do with the exhaust brake to begin with does it? To my understanding the egr works in combo with regen?? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Another question i have is, once the dpf and egr deletes are done, will it still be harmfull to the vgt to let the engine idle for long periods of time? Will the vgt still get carbon and soot build up as when the dpf is installed, or will it be okay then? Sure would be nice to idle on long days at work with a/c on!! yet don't want to jepordize having to replace my turbo. :$:

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
:$::$: Question:
When the egr delete is done (egr completely removed) does that affect the performace of the exhaust brake.??
I mean the egr has nothing to do with the exhaust brake to begin with does it? To my understanding the egr works in combo with regen?? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Another question i have is, once the dpf and egr deletes are done, will it still be harmfull to the vgt to let the engine idle for long periods of time? Will the vgt still get carbon and soot build up as when the dpf is installed, or will it be okay then? Sure would be nice to idle on long days at work with a/c on!! yet don't want to jepordize having to replace my turbo. :$:
No the EGR doesn't have anything to do with the exhaust brake. You might hear it more once the EGR is removed.

And no it won't hurt your engine AS much to idle it as when you had the EGR and DPF hooked up. Idling any engine for long periods isn't a good idea. But the carbon buildup and all the other things that were bad are gone. I wouldn't still run the engine too long.

·
Registered
497 Posts
dont waste your time on doing the cooler not worth it to me.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
Most report that the Exhaust brake reacts faster to driver inputs and hits harder when it engages.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Most report that the Exhaust brake reacts faster to driver inputs and hits harder when it engages.
:ditto: IMHO after I deleted the egr and cooler (did them at the same time) the exhaust brake feels much stronger. My wife even mentioned the difference she noticed from the passanger seat.

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
I deleted EGR & cooler, and love how much more room is under the hood!

To me, it was worth removing both! After removing the EGR, the cooler simply becomes nothing more than an extra engine coolant resevoir...

Dump it...

Both of mine fell off while driving down the road...

LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts