Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. I Have An 08 6.7 Manufactured In 11/07. I Do Not Kow What Flash It Has. Running Edge Juice/attitude And Yesterday I Installed A Dpf Delete Kit. Drove Truck Last Night-ran Great. Today I Installed A Egr Valve And Cooler Delete Kit. Now I Get The Lightning Bolt And The Engine Behavior That Goes With It. I Have Read The Other Threads On Here And They All Mention That The Butterfly Valve Being Out Will Cause This-but No Hard Evidence-always "someone Else" Said. I Left The Butterfly Valve In And Started The Truck And It "surged" And I Shut It Back Off And Removed The Butterfly. Drove It And Thats When I Got The Bolt. Also Throwing A P245a But I Understand Thats Normal And Dosent Concern Me. Any Help Is Appreciated.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
When you say you removed the Butterfly are you referring to unpluggin the connector or removing the plate inside? Also what about the Cooler valve? Did you leave it connected. It is my understanding that both still need to be electrically connected or you get the Lightning bolt and possible limp if you run it that way for too long.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Plate Is Removed. The Cooler Valve And Servo Connectors Are Both Still Connected And Tied Out Of The Way.

·
Formerly Az2500Cummins
1,538 Posts
Check your map sensor. Make sure it is connected all the way, on the edge and on the map sensor. If all is good, try disconnecting the map sensor from the edge and plug it back into the intake horn. Clear the codes with the edge, and come tell us if the lightning bolt is still there. If it goes away, then it more than likely is an issue with your edge. I had that problem last week. I drove it about 100 miles, plugged it back in after I cleaned it out, and all is good. (for now.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Checked The Connections And All Were Ok. I Unplugged The Edge Connector And Drove Down The Road And After A Few Miles The L-bolt Came Right Back On. I Also Clear Codes At Start-up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have my cooler valve removed and unplugged. I have butterfly plate removed and still plugged in. Edge set to clear codes on start up. I thought the lightning bolt was the electronic throttle issue. Re-check the connector. When you removed the plate you didn't over-rotate the shaft or jamb it somehow?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The Plate Is Removed. The Cooler Valve And Servo Connectors Are Both Still Connected And Tied Out Of The Way.
The cooler bypass valve (passenger side of motor light gray plug with red clip) needs to be plugged in and tied to firewall. The other valve (top of intake horn big brown plug with about 8 wires) need to be unplugged. And if you are going for no check engine, the butterfly valve needs to be removed but remain plugged in. If you have met these criteria and are still having a lightning bolt, try plugging both harnesses back in (passenger side and driver side) then start truck....... after about 30 seconds shut it off and unplug both the harnesses. (make sure key is off when you unplug them.) seems like i have had to mess with the system a bit on a few trucks to get it work correctly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Air Horn Is Still On-i Only Removed The Plate From Inside. All Connectors Are Still Plugged In And Tied Out Of The Way. Thanks For The Input. I'll Try These Things And Be Back In A Few Minutes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok- I Tried All Of The Above Suggestions And Still The Light Comes On. I Can Go 1/4 Mile And The Light Is Already On. When The Lightning Bolt Comes On The Cel Lamp Comes On Too. If You Check The Codes It Is A P0106 Map Sensor. Is There Any Way The Butterfly Plate Being Removed Could Affect The Way The Air Flows By The Map Sensor?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So You All May Not Beleive This But I Unplugged The Egr Servo And Ran The Truck And It Ran Great. Thats All I Done. Nothing Else. Voodoo Magic Maybe?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
That is what H&S was trying to say is that the EGR valve itself needs to stay unplugged. The bypass valve needs to be plugged in as does the Throttle Valve assembly. It seems that that is how you have ended up here and that should run quite well as hundreds of others are running the same setup. glad to hear you have it back running :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts