Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Ok i have a couple pictures of the EGR cooler assembly. Here are my thoughts. When i unplug the Valve on the top i get code P245a & p245c. Both of those should be able to be cleared by the edge for now, i hope. Next we look at the lines running in and out. First picture you see a connection all the way to the left and all the way to the right. This is what i believe to be the coolant lines running in and out. The other line goes up over the top and seems to be a crankcase type vent. It should be able to be left alone. As far as the coolant lines I assume we can get some Rubber hose and route it from the inlet to the output. Simple i think. Now the next step would be removing it. That I am still a little stumped on. Looks like i may have to take it apart little by little instead of being able to remove it all at once.

If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know. I may try this coming up on the weekend when i dont need the truck. Lets get some input going and figure it out. Once i get it done i will post up a step by step pictorial as i did with the other.

·
Registered
634 Posts
There is a guy on here that has removed all of that junk on his. I think he had a C/C. It looked great under the hood. It sounded like it was some kind of a deal getting all that stuff out of there though.

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
looks like you will need two plates to remove it. the coolant lines like you say should be no problem just get some hose. be real nice if one of these computer hackers would use their brains to help us out.

·
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I didnt remember seeing that pic before, I had been through that thread many times though. Thanks for that. I got a little better idea now.
poindexter6144 said he's going to post more pics of that gets a chance.:thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
some of you guys just amaze me. Many of you are just your "average joe's" comming up with all these brilliant ideas and fixes for stuff that over paid engineers dream up. Even professional mechanics look at you dumbfounded when you try to explain what your doing and sure as Sh!t it works. Basically what I'm trying to say to you all is YOU GUYS FRIGGIN ROCK!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND R & D

Robert

·
Registered
475 Posts
:thumbsup:hyper:
some of you guys just amaze me. Many of you are just your "average joe's" comming up with all these brilliant ideas and fixes for stuff that over paid engineers dream up. Even professional mechanics look at you dumbfounded when you try to explain what your doing and sure as Sh!t it works. Basically what I'm trying to say to you all is YOU GUYS FRIGGIN ROCK!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND R & D

Robert

·
Registered
343 Posts
man that looks great are you getting any code since you have the wiring disconectted

·
Banned
722 Posts

·
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
double post

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Its a good idea and wood clean the engine up but I dont feel like unplugging more harness's to make it work. I am sure it will add afew more codes and I am not sure if the edge wood clear them up at start up. JMO

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I think it would really help the cooling system. :beer

·
Banned
722 Posts
i think somebody needs to be a pig cause i gotta nasty air leak coming out of my egr somewhere

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As soon as i get some block-off plates i am gonna do this up with pics and instructions. Hopefully in a week or two.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
As soon as i get some block-off plates i am gonna do this up with pics and instructions. Hopefully in a week or two.
I cant wait.:hyper:

If it is anything like your EGR post, It will be great. :beer

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm working on running the egr cooler supply to a heater core under a custom tank that carries pressure filtered used Canola oil from a couple of restaurants I know. Thought I would post this here. I did some test runs of a blend of 50/50 diesel and oil and it worked...REAL good.
So now I want to make sure that I can maintain the oil as liquid/fluid as possible. With a temp gauge in the tank I will know when its time to change over to it. Then change back to the factory tank when I want to shut down so I clear the lines. The tank for the bed is being built right now...double wall insulated and it will hold 160 gallons with fuel level gauge. I know its off topic but I found a use for the egr cooler lines and it works [will work] for me. A simple set up like Ferd had with their dual tanks for switching is all that is needed. Plus an external fuel pump and I planned on that anyway.

Scottythefrenchfryfreedomfryman
LOL:lol3::thumbsup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts