Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I purchase a EGR/Cooler delete, do I have to have a DPF delete already done for the cooler delete to work? Im definetley going to buy an EGR delete, but I noticed they have a combo with the cooler delete but i also thought i noticed seeing that u have to have a DPF delete in place prior to the cooler delete. thanks

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
EGR/Cooler delete can be done independent of the DPF. You will have CEL and codes unless you use a tuner. To get used to what you will be dealing with simply unplug your EGR. That will give pretty much the same results in performance and codes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i think im hholding off on the DPF delete until warranty expires or is at least a littlecloser to expiring.....with that said im doing the EGR delete next week, it seems like that is something i can reverse if i ever have to take it back for warranty work, also, if i choose just to do the delete, isthis gonna cause that sludge build up? ive been reading alot of the post about the delete and it seems that people are chossing to go with the cooler delete too to prevent sludge build up, or at least they are putting a plug in it. should i go ahead and do a cooler delete to or just throw a plug in the tube? i want whats best for my truck without having to void the warranty. any input on what i should do?

·
Registered
894 Posts
What's best for your truck is a full dpf, egr/cooler delete.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's best for your truck is a full dpf, egr/cooler delete.
full DPF will void my warranty, whats best for my truck without voiding my warrany

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
the dpf delete is reversible, just be sure you get a regen in before you pull it off...if you're not goin w/ the dpf delete, you should just unplug the egr, simple and extremely easily reversible...

and as for the warranty, chances are you'd be goin in on emissions related stuff anyway, so if that's all gone, you wouldn't have those problems

·
Registered
894 Posts
Any delete will void warranty. That said, I haven't needed the dealer since the deletes. 170,000 km no problems. Before deletes it spent more time at the dealer then my own driveway

·
Registered
100 Posts
dealer can void your warranty over an aftermarket air filter .. they tried it on me.

If you tune your ecm for the deletes, even if you put it back to stock, they'll know it's been tuned .. they will probably try to void your warranty.

this is why im waiting another 9000 k till that warranty runs out until i start pulling things off the truck

for the time being, I just unplugged my egr

·
Registered
100 Posts
dealer can void your warranty over an aftermarket air filter .. they tried it on me.

If you tune your ecm for the deletes, even if you put it back to stock, they'll know it's been tuned .. they will probably try to void your warranty.

this is why im waiting another 9000 k till that warranty runs out until i start pulling things off the truck

·
Registered
100 Posts

edit: wow .. triple posting !!! I just failed at the internet :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
If warranty is an issue, wait. If not, I would do all the deletes at once. I did my EGR cooler delete yesterday taking about 4 hrs. building my own plates. There actually is a motor under all that crap. Start by getting a good tuner & then rip & tear. My truck has never run better since doing the deletes.

GO HARD OR GO HOME.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts