Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I deleted my cooleron my 2010 this week end I ran a hose from a plug with barbed end that goes into stand pipe the the otherend is attached to the fitting that was sticking out of the head is that right to use the stock plug in head or change to a different plug in head? Before attaching hose to stock plug in head I did remove the oring that was on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used the stock fitting and removed the o-ring like you did and I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dumb question but how tight did you tighten your hose clamp I used a nut driver and tightened as tight as I could.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A nut driver. I put the hose clamp below the ribbed part of the fitting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
716 Posts
I removed the o ring and tightened the hose clamp with nut driver also. I used the sinister cooler delete and other than the trans dipstick support bracket that didn't fit the kit was good. No leaks after 1 1/2 yrs

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also since this install my coolant temp fluctuates often did yall experience this. I'mgonna bleed the ssystem tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
same here, i had to redo my hose when i installed the wastegate kit, i came up with a loop that clears everything that is hot. i used the stock fitting with the oring removed, and put the clamp below where the oring sits, and i have never had a issue with a leak yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
you could run the glacier diesel hose too and it cleans it up nice, i ran it back into the head for the circulation factor

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
^^^

no need to it functions fine , i change my filter every 50k and its better than that oily mist going into the inlet of the turbo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts