Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing what a run away success my EGR plates have been, I have been contacted about making a cooler block off as well. I am making this post similarly to gauge interest on whether or not I could sell a few of these as well. So what do you guys think, anybody interested?

·
Registered
343 Posts
interested but would need a how to on it also lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, I am interested:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm interested!!!

·
Banned
722 Posts
i think im getting close to doing this mod. What are you trying to make now?? any more details for illiterate people like me??

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The would be plates put in place of the egr cooler itself, the big finned thing over the exhaust manifold. Taking that out would cool down the under hood area as well as making the turbo more efficient at what it is supposed to do. The hotter air you get to the turbo the more energy it can extract from the flow. Not to mention the decrease in turbulent flow from the air swirling around in the cooler.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Has anyone actually removed that yet? If it can be done i guess i will have to get the camera back out and make another set of instructions. Info Please?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes please

·
Registered
179 Posts
already have the egr plates in the mail may as well get the whole thing off if possible, I'm interested

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
might have to just go to your truck and unplug that other diverter valve by the cooler there and see what happens....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd be interested just for the sheer knowledge of experimentation!

:peelout

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can someone explain the EGR delete to me a bit more. I've viewed the sticky and it looks doable but I am still confused about how it benefits the engine? Pro's and con's would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I will take some time to look at the whole setup. See how many electrical connections are on it and what not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would be very interested. It will essentially make it like a 5.9 exhaust manifold with no bypassing, which should allow full exhaust pressure to the turbo if I'm not mistaken. If I am, someone correct me please so I know what I tell the other guys around here with them.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'll buy one!

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
That is very interesting. The question I have is will it disable the exaust break. I know there is some wiring and piping that is assocated with the egr for the exaust break to work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do I get a set of your egr block-off plates??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts